This topic has 42 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     PcMaxx
    Participant

I’ve followed the directions for the Blog on:  How to Add an Advanced Search at Members Directory, ut I can’t seem to get to appear.  Can you please look?

Radu

Hi,

You can add the form from wp-admin -> users -> profile search -> choose the form and set add to directory.

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     PcMaxx
    Participant

I was able to create the Advanced Search, but where do I add the Shortcode in members-loop? I lose it after this instruction.

PcMaxx
    Participant

I wasn’t sure by the instructions if the Members-loop was a mistake, or should I put the shortcode in the members page itself? I put it in the members page, as well as the provided CSS in the Custom CSS within the dashboard, but it still looks awful. Can you please take a look and see if its correct. If not, please let me know how to fix it quickly.

Radu

Hi,

Figured out

IF i deactivate the child theme it will look as it should, take a look and also you can test.

One of you css changes makes that to look like that. revert things one by one and save the code for later use.

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     PcMaxx
    Participant

The CSS changes I made were recommended within your Knowledge Base Blogs. So its nothing I did custom.

Radu

Look for .search-form {display:none} and remove it.

PcMaxx
    Participant

HI there,

I removed it, but the formatting still looks bad. Also, the fields I put in the new Advanced Search, which I named Profile Search, is not displaying the fields I put in to test with. There is no custom CSS in the ‘Additional CSS’ other than what I copied from here. Sorry to be a pain.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

The formatting issue it’s also changed when you switch from child to parent so that it’s resulting there may be some CSS in child.

From example copy all that css code and save it in a document text for later use, then remove it completely from there and save it and preview, see the differences. Also check for additional CSS under wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/style.css

Cheers
    R

PcMaxx
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

Cannot figure out… why… on my local install it works as it should…

Can you please re-upload the theme files over the existing one please ?

Cheers
    R

PcMaxx
    Participant

yes. Please gimme an 45 minutes

PcMaxx
    Participant

Hi there. I went ahead re-uploaded the main and child themes per your request.

PcMaxx
    Participant

Good Morning. Any luck since I reuploaded everything?

Radu

Hi,

Yes, i had figured out your custom css causes this

I already told ya to remove any custom CSS and to check again.

Cheers
    R

PcMaxx
    Participant
     Radu

If you had asked to hide it most youre you had received a css to hide it… this shouldn’t be hidden, so now if er had figured out the issue, remove parts of that css until to horizontal form looks ok.

I’ve already told ya look for .search-bar {display:none} and remove it.

Cheers
    R

PcMaxx
    Participant

Radu,

I never mentioned hidden. From the beginning I asked about Advanced Search not displaying correctly at all. It look actually horrible. I followed the instructions, which apparently do not work. The instructions said to COPY all the CSS your site provided. Now, Re-installed the Themes, and removed ALL the CSS per your instructions and it still looks horrible.

And now there is mention of removing another CSS line which didn’t exist since I already removed the CSS Is there a communication breakdown here, or are you too much in a rush and not reading my responses.

I just want this to work as expected and look like the rest of the theme. Right now the Advanced Search looks horrible.

Better Single responses instructions would be just fine. All I want is this to work.

Radu

Hi,

Not the form it’s visible and inline all fields, the only issue at this moment are the first two selects

It’s odd cuz on theme demo not happens we investigate this right now will let you know

Cheers
    R

PcMaxx
    Participant

Ok. Sounds good. Let me know when there is a fix. I’ll test it right away.

Radu

Done
    It was something that it’s fixed now and it will be included in next theme update.
    Cheers
    R

PcMaxx
    Participant

When is the expected release date for the next Theme update. I’d really to have this working so I can launch the site fully.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, tomorrow is the update. Sorry for any delays.
    All the best

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

PcMaxx
    Participant
     PcMaxx
    Participant
     PcMaxx
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

Are you sure ? It was fixed from some time.

Cheers
    R

Radu

All good can i close the ticket ?

PcMaxx
    Participant

It still looks the same as before as far as the appearance.

Radu

For me not, make sure to empty purge all your browswer and computer cache.

Cheers
    R

PcMaxx
    Participant

That’s the obvious go to fix. Been there done that. It still doesn’t look right on my side. On my side the appearance hasn’t changed.

Radu

CAn you see them ok here ? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bUZSjSpfAddeYE-OIEE49hIlYEpuI-ew/view

PcMaxx
    Participant

I see there is something at the top I’m assuming is the Advanced Search, but the search fields do not match what I have in Advanced Profile Search I set temporary in the Users –> Profile Search. Please see the attached images. Also, do I add in the CSS from the Support page? I’m at a lose here on the correct instructions you have posted and the PHP you sent me. Do I need both?

Please see the attached.

Attachments:
     Radu

What CSS from the Support page?

For the search result problem if the criteria not populating try to inverse the placeholder of the inputs

Also make sure that your members had completed their fields to match with the search.

Cheers
    R

PcMaxx
    Participant

Hi,

Did you look at my attachments? The Advanced search appearing on the site doesn’t match what I set for the requirements. Also, the appearance doesn’t look like the rest of the site. It looks munged.

PcMaxx
    Participant

Here is the link from your online support with the CSS and instructions for Advanced Search.

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/sweetdate/article/add-advanced-search-members-directory

Radu

Ofc i look at your screenshots how to not look at them ? Did you had seen my video ?

Not sure why but you are editing other form that it’s displayed on the members page

As you can see there the form it’s not added to the members directory

PcMaxx
    Participant

I must have missed the video. Could you kindly resend it so I can view it?

Thank you for hand-holding. I know I’m almost there.

PcMaxx
    Participant

I looked at your snapshot and somehow on the upgrade the Profile Search was disabled. Its on and the Advanced Search now displays! I have a few more quick questions. Please see the attached image. Then I think I’m good to go.

Attachments:
     Radu

Check forms under wp-admin -> users -> profile search.

Set add to directory no for the form that it’s in +

Cheers
    R

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?