This topic has 35 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years by FD.

• Author
     Thibault
    Participant

Hello.
    I just installed WordPress 3.6 with SweetDate v2.2 and PMP 1.7.3.1.
    I followed the instructions and imported the Demo XML file to get the standard fields configuration.

I set up a “BASIC” membership for a on time payment of $10 and the PMP PRO plugins manage to grant membership upon purchase.

I configured the Swwetdate / memberships page doing RESTRICT CERTAIN LEVELS (Not logged in, Not members) for :
    – Restrict viewing other profiles :
    – Restrict users from sending private messages

But the problem is that a simple free logged in user (not a BASIC member), can still view profiles and write private messages.

In fact I tried different combination, and I cannot get the theme to restrict any access. Everyone can do everything and see everything no matter the membership.

I can provide you with my admlin credential if you need to investigate the problem !

Thank you

Thibault
    Participant

I thought I could add some more details about what works and what doesn’t.

Say my website is http://www.exemple.com and I installerd wordpress under /v2/

I manage to get a “This content is for Basic members only.” on the http://www.exemple.com/v2/about-us page by editing this page and checking “Basic” under the “Require Membership” panel.

BUT, when I try to do the same on the /v2/members page, it doesn’t work. The logged in users with no membership can still access the /v2/members page.

Any idea ?

PS : I am using the child theme.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

We just tested and restrictions always apply.
    We created some test levels. Then in Sweetdate – Memberships – Restrict members directory – Certain levels – Checked: Not logged in, Not members

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Thibault
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

There is a difference in the pictures you sent and what you first said and how we tested. You said RESTRICT CERTAIN LEVELS (Not logged in, Not members)

We will conduct another test with your setting

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Thibault
    Participant

Yes I did this to make it more simple for you to see that it doesn’t work, but i t also doesn’t work when restricting only “Not logged in” and “Not members”.

I spent hours of trying every combination and can’t get it to restrict :/

SQadmin
    Keymaster

That is really strange 🙂
    Give me a temporary admin user to the site please

Thibault
    Participant
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Can you please disable pmpro? I can’t do proper tests from the online wordpress file editor, so can you provide FTP acess

SQadmin
    Keymaster

I made a change to a PMPRO file so you need to remove the plugin folder from wp-content/plugins to have admin access

Thibault
    Participant
     Thibault
    Participant
     SQadmin
    Keymaster

Ok, We are making some tests on it. I don’t think is because of the v2 subfolder. We will let you know the problem

SQadmin
    Keymaster

We found the problem and fixed it. It was related to a strange thing … the www. in the link
    somehow it was not taking the right link from php.
    Now we added an extra test in the code so it should work fine.

Ps. Nice thing iceCoder, good for mobile editing

Thibault
    Participant

Thank you. But please could you tell me more about the fix ? I would need to know what to do when I will install sweetdate again. In fact after testing sweetdate I was thinking to make a fresh install for the production site. Moreover, I have other sating websites and would like to know how you managed to get it working ?

Thank you !

SQadmin
    Keymaster

No problem. Glad that we worked it out.
    Copy functions-pmpro.php from the main theme since that is the only file where we did some changes.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

if anyone else wants to make the change until v2.3 replace the contents of functions-pmpro.php with this file:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/files/functions-pmpro.txt

FD
    Participant

Hi,

I have the same problem with the restrictions not working. I have copied functions-pmpro.php to the child-theme catalogue and replaced the content.
    After the fix “not members” and “not logged in” can still see the profiles.

Please help me fix this! 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, You do not have to copy functions-pmpro.php to the child-theme.
    Please make sure you are using the latest theme version and you have configured restrictions in Sweetdate – Memberships

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

FD
    Participant

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your fast reply and good support. 🙂

I have tried them all. First replaced the content of the functions-pmpro.php in the theme catalog, then in the child-theme catalog. None of the setups worked like they should.
    My members profiles are still available to “not members” and “not logged in”.
    This is a paying site so i really need help to fix this ASAP. 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

Give us access to your site to take a look at your settings.
    Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

FD
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi,You haven’t updated to the latest version, there was another function that had to be changed under framework/helpers.php
    Now restrictions work

cheers

---

airsidworld
    Participant

Hi,
    1)As previous answers are private i’m reactivating this topic.
    I’ve created a free level and i’ve check it on some pages in the require membership appropriate boxfield but logout users can still access to those pages.

2)Also settings in sweetdate=>membreship are working well exept for the activity page which shows a 404 error page when a logout user try access to it.

Any suggestion ?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi,
    1. That is the way PMPRO plugin works. Try on their site for a solution
    2. I just checked Non members and Logged out users and goes to levels page as logged out. Check if you haven;t done anything wrong somewhere. Re-save the Permalinks settings

---

imcabee
    Participant

I am having a similar issue. In the Sweet Dreams admin area under “Memberships” I have restricted user profiles to being viewed only if a member is logged in or a member. However, by just going onto the website I can view anyone’s profile as a guest!

Please help! This is a live site.

Thanks,
    Ian

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Make sure to have the latest theme version.
    In Sweetdate – Memberships what you check it is what you restrict, so to restrict you need to check Not logged in and Not members

---

FD
    Participant

HI,

After upgrading to the latest version of the theme the profiles are still view able for “not logged in users” and “guest”. I have checked all the boxes for the page and under sweetdate->memberships so the that the profiles just should be view able for my paying levels (PMPro).
    The restrictions are no working as configured. 🙁

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, If you are talking about a Buddypress related section all restrictions are done from Sweetdate – Memberships. For any other page from that page edit screen.
    There shouldn’t be a reason why it won’t work with the new version

---

FD
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi and sorry for the late reply,
    Are you using the latest theme version? Give us some access to take a look your settings and maybe FTP access

---

FD
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I see the problem now. You have set your members link to http://www.fjelldate.no/tomas instead of http://www.fjelldate.no/medlemmer/tomas so the system doesn’t know to restrict those pages

---

FD
    Participant

Hi,

Ok, but how do I fix this? We use the buddypress options to move the profiles to root so URL will be easier to remember for the members. I know how to change the page associated to a buddypress catalouge, but who do I fix this when I use the root options?

Thank you so much for all the help. 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, After spending some time on it we found a solution to restrict even when settings root profiles.
    Please replace this file contents wp-content\themes\sweetdate\functions-pmpro.php with https://archived.seventhqueen.com/files/functions-pmpro.txt

---

FD
    Participant

Hi Abe!

It worked!! Perfect! 🙂 Thank you so much!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?