This topic has 42 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years by Abe.

• Author
     excellins
    Participant

After update i discovered i cant reply to all activity comment. comments that have “view conversation” cannot be replied, but oither comments can be replied.

please view the image lebbeled “1issue” when i click on reply to that activity it doesnt display reply box, but on the image i lebbeled as “2issue” when i click on reply it brings out the reply box, i disabled plugins but still the same problem

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     excellins
    Participant

I also noticed this happens only when I navigate to my or a user activity via stream. Ecampke if I go to https://mysite.com/members/user/and I see some activity comments. I can reply on others but they one with “view conversation” even though it has reply under some comments I can’t reply it u less I click on view conversation. Is that normal? Big it is but I saw reply there. That’s why I clicked on the reply.

excellins
    Participant

Hello, i just discovered this is a little bug in Kleo theme, i tried the same in the kleo demo theme and same thing happens 😀 …. when you reply on a user activity and it creates about 8 to 12 reply threads, when you click on the user profile example (https://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/members/demo/) scroll to the section after the comment shows “view conversation” if a user clicks on the reply link it doesnt work and i also notice double lines at the top. Check the images below, one is for my kleo theme, the other is for your demo.

Attachments:
     excellins
    Participant

putting more light to this, let me explain it this way. if i am on my activity stream (MR A), i try to reply to another users activity (MR B) it wont reply, but if i click on “view conversation” it takes me to the activity of MR B, in a link like this “https://web.com/members/MR B/activity/1610/#acomment-1617” i can reply here after clicking the “View conversation” it happens also with kleo demo theme

excellins
    Participant

Hello 7th queen… U can check ur demo for the error use this link I tested. https://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/members/demo/ then scroll down as seen on the image below and click reply. See the image below. That’s the area you can check.

Attachments:
     Radu

Hi,

I’ve noticed that I will add this to the bug list

We will let you know when we get into this

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     excellins
    Participant

Thanks Radu for your support and efforts … You are the best.

Radu

You’re welcome

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     excellins
    Participant

Hello, :), Radu it’s been a while… this issue hasnt been resolved yet

Radu

Hi,

Is it the same on our demo? cuz I cannot see/reproduce that > can you please try from another phone ? Is it the same?

It’s already to the buglist

Let me know

Cheers
    R

excellins
    Participant

Hello, thanks for quick response . it is same with another phone

Radu

Hi,

Sorry but I cannot see any problem on our demo using iPhone view.

Cheers
    R.

excellins
    Participant

Can you view this image and see? the bug still exist i just checked your demo page now, use this url: https://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/members/demo/#acomment-102349
    scroll down to the area show on the image below, you will find double lines, as i show using the arrow, click on reply, it returns false.

Attachments:
     Radu

Hi,

I’ve seen that, I will show that to the master designer and also I will add it into the buglist.

We will get back to you

Cheers
    R.

excellins
    Participant

Thanbks Radu you are the best

Radu

Ok then

Cheers
    R.

excellins
    Participant

Still waiting for this to be resolved

Radu

Hi,

No more able to reproduce that issue, tried to show the bug to the designer, can you made a video to can see exactly how this can be reproduced?

Thanks you
    Cheers
    R

excellins
    Participant

Hello, please can you go through the thread, i beleive i posted images concerning this issue. below is an image i posted earlier showing the error on the kleo theme page

Attachments:
     Radu

Hi,

Please please provide to me a video to can see exact the actions and how you click to can show this to the designer since this it’s an odd problem which cannot be reproduced always

Cheers
    R.

excellins
    Participant

Radu, to understand this better do the following:
    1. got to this kleo demo url: https://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/members/demo/#acomment-103127

2. click to reply “Ghhfg”…clicking on the reply produces no result.

Please view the image below, it is simple to be reproduced.

Attachments:
     excellins
    Participant

Dont forget to login, you can reproduce this by loggin in first. i logged in to your demo using demo, and demo for password. then click on the reply button as seen on the image i attached.

Attachments:
     Radu

Add this css and let me know

COPY CODE

#buddypress div.activity-comments ul li, #buddypress #item-body #pag-bottom {
        border:none;
    }

The css will be added to wp-admin -> theme options -> General settings -> Quick CSS

Cheers
    R.

excellins
    Participant

Hi Radu, i included this code, the double lines was removed but the reply button still doesn’t work on my site, i also checked your demo page and the reply too doesn’t work there also. you can still check this link of the demo page: https://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/members/demo/#acomment-103127..
    View the image attached to see

Attachments:
     Radu

Hi,

That isn’t caused by the CSS since it’s an ODD bug that can be reproduced only to that post, see this video the error cannot be reproduced on other posts :https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo5b6iHWRMwWmNzTUJjT1lIMVU/view

Cheers
    R.

excellins
    Participant

OK, that mean this bug cant be fixed?

Radu

Hi,

My css cannot prevent the reply button to work… tested on two installs demo and mine…

Make sure that issue to not be caused by anything else…

As you can see my css fix that…

Cheers
    R.

excellins
    Participant

But I Just Checked kleo demo theme and the problem is on KLEO DEMO theme also. Can you fix it there? If it’s fixed there I can know the problem is from me. After adding your css the reply button still doesn’t work.

Radu

Hi,

Please understand the css that I have given you, it only removes the border, before to provide the code I’ve tested and I’ve clicked the reply button.. and it works, I think your problem it’s another one… cuz the css cannot turn off the reply button…. it only removes the border… see in the propriety.

Tried again to look at the link that you have provided with the issue on our demo https://web.com/members/MR B/activity/1610/#acomment-1617 and there I cannot see it, our demo resetting demo data after 1-2days (activity comments)

So reproduce that on your install and give to me link to re take a look at that, but remove the css that i gave you, and after that as you say the reply button should work….

Cheers
    R

excellins
    Participant

The problem is still found on my site and on kleo theme demo,i clicked on the reply and it still doesnt work. please follow the link on kleo demo
    https://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/members/demo/#acomment-103382

then scroll down as in the image i screen shot below,

Attachments:
     Radu

Hi,

Yes now I was able to see that, actually there it’s a JS error that comes from a BuddyPress file

We will speak with the core theme developer tomorrow and I will let you know, I will add the bug to the bug list.

Cheers
    R.

excellins
    Participant

Thanks Radu. I appreciate your help and support.

Radu

You’re welcome

Cheers
    R.

excellins
    Participant

Hey Radu and fix on this?

Radu

Hi,

I’ve reported already that to the developer, did you see the same on our demo ?

Cheers
    R

excellins
    Participant

Hi Randy es the bug is also on your demo.
    I sent an image earlier on, please view the previous thread f this message.

excellins
    Participant

This bug has been discovered since but sadly Seventh queen has not fixed the bug. i just checked your demo again and the bug is still there. go to this url: https://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/members/demo/#acomment-105776

scroll down to the activity as shown in the image i sent to you, and click on reply, it wont work. this is abug and it has not been fixed for a very long time now.

Attachments:
     Radu

Hi,

It was assigned to the core developer it will test different solutions to that and it will let you know

Cheers
    R

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, we discovered that is a BuddyPress related issue that also affects other themes and not just KLEO. It seems that you can’t reply to a Reply to a comment that has the View conversation button. All other reply buttons work.
    We will release an update today to hide that button since you can’t do that action there. Replies can be done only in the View conversation page.

Cheers. Let me know if there is anything else I can help.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

excellins
    Participant

Thanks for support. Abe thanks to Radu also, he has been very awesome and patient. You guys are the best.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Please Help’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?