This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by ianll.

• Author
     ianll
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m experiencing an issue with Visual Composer, it’s conflicting with the Events Manager plugin. I have narrowed this down by only having these 2 plugins active with the 2014 theme. As this plugin is bundled with the theme I need your assistance to get support. Here is the thread I started on the Event Manager Community Support page:

Hello,
    I’m having issues with the search page:
    The geo search is not working at all, I’m assuming this is causing these other issues.

– There are no results when entering a city name in the geo search field. I do have events in the cities I’m searching. There is no auto-complete happening either and the label for geo search is also not displayed.

– The formatting is screwy and there are extra breaks in the page causing the search fields to be to tall and oddly formatted. The search button has no text in it and is also formatted strangely.

– The advanced search section “hide” link is not visible but the show link also hides the section. Below is a screen shot which has a link to the testing site.

The link below illustrates the issues:
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s427/sh/b284de47-cef9-42ac-bfdd-a9a53ccc66b5/36d10de7f4615f23f75cebb30a9f8f86

I have pinpointed the issue to a conflict with the latest version of the Visual Composer plugin regardless of the theme or other plugins that I’m using.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/events-manager/

Can anyone point me in the direction to a fix?

sharmstr

I just installed on my test site and your first and third issues work fine. The second issue is because bootstrap css is overriding the show hide toggles with !important. I’ve assigned this to @abe to see if he knows of a way to fix this. He’s smarter than I am. If needed, he can contact VC on your behalf.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hello,

@sharmstr
    I will check it out and see how it goes tomorrow, thank you

PS: Not smarter but very experienced with KLEO 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

ianll
    Participant

Hey @sharmstr did you have rtmedia installed as well?

sharmstr

Yes

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ianll
    Participant

I see the options from the Events Manager plugin inserted in the page in the search area. There are some random p tags and > so there are errors for unclosed tags and unexpected characters. I’m pretty confused how with only the EM plugin and the VC plugin active I have the issue and with everything else active except VC it all good. I’m confused how @sharmstr does not have the issue. I’d really appreciate an assist on this one. @abe have you had any luck?
    The big issue here is there is no autocomplete for the geo search feature which is a google service to return city, state. The geo search should be on the same line as the general search.. shpdev.wpengine.com/events

Thanks!

ianll
    Participant

ok, so I’ve got the geo search working and the issue was a file in the plugin geo.js, it had white space. Now I am returning a result and the auto-complete from Google is working. There are still a handful of formatting issues that look like they may be theme related. Let me know what you find and if you can shed any light on why @sharmstr would not have this issue while I do.

sharmstr

Because I’m running a clean version of Kleo, probably. I only brought abe in on this to contact VC if that was indeed an issue.

sharmstr

Sorry, I responded in the wrong topic.

ianll
    Participant

fixed these issues.

The P problem is fixed by editing the following line in wp-content/themes/kleo/vc_templates/vc_column_text.php:

Line 57:

$output .= “\n\t\t\t”.wpb_js_remove_wpautop($content, true);

change it to:

$output .= “\n\t\t\t”.wpb_js_remove_wpautop($content, false);

To fix the Bootstrap conflict, you need to edit two files. The first one is:

wp-content/plugins/events-manager/templates/templates/events-search.php

Line 50:

<span class=”hide” style=”display:none;”><?php echo esc_html($args[‘search_text_hide’]); ?></span>
    <span class=”show”><?php echo esc_html($args[‘search_text_show’]); ?></span>

to:

<span class=”em-hide” style=”display:none;”><?php echo esc_html($args[‘search_text_hide’]); ?></span>
    <span class=”em-show”><?php echo esc_html($args[‘search_text_show’]); ?></span>

Second file wp-content/plugins/events-manager/includes/js/events-manager.js

Line 26:

if( el.hasClass(‘show’) ){
    if( rel.length > 1 ){ el.closest(rel[1]).find(rel[0]).slideUp(); }
    else{ $(rel[0]).slideUp(); }
    el.find(‘.show’).show();
    el.find(‘.hide’).hide();
    el.addClass(‘hide’).removeClass(’em-show’);
    }else{
    if( rel.length > 1 ){ el.closest(rel[1]).find(rel[0]).slideDown(); }
    else{ $(rel[0]).slideDown(); }
    el.find(‘.show’).hide();
    el.find(‘.hide’).show();
    el.addClass(‘show’).removeClass(‘hide’);
    }

Change to:

if( el.hasClass(’em-show’) ){
    if( rel.length > 1 ){ el.closest(rel[1]).find(rel[0]).slideUp(); }
    else{ $(rel[0]).slideUp(); }
    el.find(‘.em-show’).show();
    el.find(‘.em-hide’).hide();
    el.addClass(’em-hide’).removeClass(’em-show’);
    }else{
    if( rel.length > 1 ){ el.closest(rel[1]).find(rel[0]).slideDown(); }
    else{ $(rel[0]).slideDown(); }
    el.find(‘.em-show’).hide();
    el.find(‘.em-hide’).show();
    el.addClass(’em-show’).removeClass(’em-hide’);
    }

Abe
    Keymaster

@ianll

to avoid problems on theme update you should copy that template from the theme on your activated child theme in vc_templates/c_column_text.php

thanks for sharing

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

So only the formatting problem remains?

---

ianll
    Participant

This fixed the formatting problems which were caused by the VC picking up white space in the EM plugin shortcodes., renaming the classes and function fixed the bootstrap conflict…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Support Needed for Visual Composer’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?