This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Dmarkham.

• Author
     Dmarkham
    Participant

First – I don’t understand the difference between wp-admin and wp-admin.php
    After updating I seemed to have everything working with a little adjustment of revslider. I may have updated a couple other plugins too. The only oddity was that my ‘home’ page was titled “Blog” above the breadcrumb – not the page name. Other pages displayed as expected.

A day later when trying to login (wp-admin) I only got a blank screen. I then logged in via wp-admin.php and was directed to the 404 page (perhaps related to the “Blog” title issue above).

If I click to “dashboard” (or any other links in the admin bar) my url reverts back to wp-admin/whatever and I can’t get to the dashboard.

Any suggestions for how to debug this?

Dmarkham
    Participant

Well, I reset everything to pre-update status. Then I just did the 1.6.1 update of KLEO only, via FTP (I wasn’t able to do it via the WP update). I also deactivated all the plugins. I was able to login via the menu but my landing page suddenly was displayed with the title “blog” rather than the page description. So something changed.

I went directly from the 1.5 version to the 1.6.1 version – skipped 1.6

I can get to the dashboard but from there – wp-admin/themes.php – for example, just hangs up then displays a blank page. I’m not finding other instances of this behavior – yet.

These updates are like hitting my thumb with a hammer – they’re just far enough apart that I forget how painful they are. Help.

Dmarkham
    Participant

Got confused about versions – I do have 1.6.2 installed. Still have issue with “blog” as title of home page and any php in wp-admin seems not to work. Why would that be?

Dmarkham
    Participant

Through some painstaking process of elimination, I think the issue is related to the function-core.php in the kleo-framework/lib directory. The 1.6.2 version has this code that the 1.5 version doesn’t at lines 334-336

if ( is_front_page() ) {
    return __(‘Blog’, ‘kleo_framework’);
    }

I’m not certain why that’s added to the 1.6.2 version. Can I remove it??

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, so the Blog name shows only when your homepage displays the blog posts and you haven’t defined a page as your homepage in Settings – Reading

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

This is the way it was before and wasn’t modified in the 1.6.2 update

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Dmarkham
    Participant

Well, the code isn’t in my 1.5 copy. I do have the page set as homepage in Settings – Reading.
    I’m going to restore my 1.5 backup and start over again. I plan to install the 1.6.2 update manually – skipping 1.6.1 – any reason I should try something differently?

Abe
    Keymaster

hi @Dmarkham
    Seems you are right and we came with a fix that will be available in next theme update 1.6.3 coming tomorrow

Cheers

---

Dmarkham
    Participant

The “blog” title is fixed with 1.6.3 but still have issues – I’ll start a different thread.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘1.6.1 login issue’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?