This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by dolphspeed99.

• Author
     dolphspeed99
    Participant

Hello,

I bought your theme a few months ago but only the other day I had time to start the setup. Everything is fine, your theme is great, except for one thing: it is incredibly slow. Not all the time, but most of the time I have 10 – 40 seconds page load times. Just try to load 10 different pages and you’ll see that most of them are incredibly slow.

Believe me, I spent 2 days tried to figure out what the problem is. I read all related posts on this forum and tried everything: different W3TC setup, deactivate admin-ajax.php, use cache fragment, use MaxCDN … nothing works! The website has around 330 posts and about 500 comments, that’s it.

I tried 3 different computers (both Windows and iOS), one Android tablet, 2 Android smartphones, 2 different and very fast internet connections (mobile internet 144MBps and landline internet 500MBps), it’s the same result on all devices. The page load tests come out fine with GT Metrix and Pingdom, but the actual browsing, which is the one everybody cares about, is … unusable.

The server is also fine, I have a reseller account so I have more than 20 websites installed on that server, most of them are WordPress, and they are all loading fine. The server is LiteSpeed with SSD storage.

After all these tests I switched to Twentyfifteen theme, keeping all the plugins activated and … it works great! 1- 2 seconds load time, with cache being cleared. My only explanation is that it has something to do with your theme, maybe a setting or something. I would really appreciate a fix, because the theme is nice, but no matter how nice it is I can’t force my site visitors to wait 10 – 40 seconds for a page to load. So, right now, your theme is unusable by me.

URL: http://www.kleo.machomen.ro

Thank you!

alvedon
    Participant

Hi,

I have just visited your site but it looks fine? Pages open up quickly and everything seems fine.

dolphspeed99
    Participant

Can you please try to access some posts? It seems that posts are the slowest pages and they only have 1 small image and text. No widgets, no content loaded from other websites, etc. No matter what I do I can’t get a post to open is less then 8 seconds. Usually it takes 10 – 20 seconds but I have also peaks at 40 secs.

5high-photohub
    Participant

@dolphspeed99 – I’m having similar issues with very slow page load times, and am working through various things. And I’ve just had a HUGE improvement by removing the query strings – see the thread here: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-do-i-sovle-this-query-issues-due-to-the-stings-with if you’re interested.

If you find any great solutions please consider posting them as I’m sure there are heaps of other Kleo users who’d appreciate it, as it can’t just be us that are having this problem! Thanks.

dolphspeed99
    Participant

What can I say … better if I explain what happened to me and what solved the problem.
    1. I installed Kleo theme on a site of mine, where I was using the Divi theme. The site wasn’t updated in a long time and got quite slow sometimes. I made all the updates, switched to Kleo theme and the load times increased. I tried different things, different caching settings, and so on, nothing worked.
    2. I made a fresh install of Kleo and everything was fine until I imported my old database. In that moment the pages started to load very slow.
    3. I made a fresh install of Kleo and only imported some tables from the database, which were really needed (posts, users and comments). Everything seemed to keep loading fast but when I activated W3TC it became slow again. I spent maybe one full day trying different caching settings, no luck, my site was still very slow. I tried the caching from WordFence, but the same, high load times. So I just disabled the caching plugin and my site loads just right, and I have now 20 plugins installed.
    I hope this will help someone … I really think it’s a compatibility issue between the caching plugin and Kleo. I got this another time when using Sistina theme, it became very slow when I activated the caching plugin.

5high-photohub
    Participant

Thanks for that, as I’m still undecided about using the W3TC as I believe it’s a bit tricky to set up with Buddypress – also I really messed it up on another site as it has to play nicely with Bullet Proof Security. All the steps are documented but i found it a bit challenging.

Among the many articles I’ve read recently I did find this one (http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/why-trying-to-get-95-on-google-pagespeed-insights-will-drive-you-mad/) with the advice to ‘Optimise your database’, which i plan to try next via my php admin. From what you say maybe that would help you, if you’ve not already gone that route?

Thanks again, Jenny

dolphspeed99
    Participant

My database was optimized, I always keep it optimized. With W3TC I tried different settings, and started first with the setting for BuddyPress, that caches objects instead of database. For me the problem is somehow solved because Kleo is fast out of the box. But I am still a bit upset because I canțt use caching, as I have around 400 articles on my website and those should be cached.

Pixxx
    Participant

Hey dolph. Your site is down i guess you are working on it.

Have you tried zencache, they cache the pages when you create them?

dolphspeed99
    Participant

Actually, the site is now live, that address was just for developing purposes. The site is here: http://www.machomen.ro, so you can test the load time.
    I never tried zencache, I will give it a try, thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?