This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     Vanessa
    Participant

I recently updated to 3.9, and I noticed that pages with the ‘full width’ template no longer have margins aligned with the title.

See the two examples below – one from before, the other after. For the after I went into the backend editor to add a 5% padding on the left and right as a short term stop gap, the text was bleeding all the way to the full width of the page.

Is there some CSS that changed in the full width template that is causing pages defined as full width to have no margins or padding?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, I don’t think it is an issue with the 3.9 update but it is related to each row setting “Inner container” that needs to be set to Yes. When you set it to No it will remove the container and it will go to the screen edges allowing you to set a nice full width background. This feature is not new and we haven’t changed how it works.

Let me know how it goes

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
     Vanessa
    Participant

Ahh, ok I see what happened.
    When I installed Kleo theme it didn’t update visual composer. When I tried to update visual composer it failed. However, when I deactivated visual composer, then updated (through Appearance | install plugins page) it updated correctly, and everything works as expected.

So looks like on upgrade there was a failure to automatically update visual composer plugin which resulted in an incompatibility that caused inner container option not even to show (see attached for what I was seeing on old visual composer).

I’m all good now, thanks. Perhaps something to look at for next update is to get visual composer update happning a bit smoother.

Cheers
    Vanessa

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Do you know what VC version you first had? Just want to make sure this does not happen in 4.0 update

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Vanessa
    Participant

I think it was 3.8.1

Abe
    Keymaster

Thanks, should be fixed in 4.0

---

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?