This topic has 14 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     iosefl
    Participant

Hi,

Started working with the theme and need help with 3 questions:

1). Main Page Registration Form – can change the text “Registering for this site is easy, just fill in the fields below and we will get a new account set up for you in no time.”? Also want to be able to change/add some of the membership registration form, which page do I need to change or which part of the theme?

2). Membership Levels – I want to have free membership and guest membership (both no charge), is this possible? Will this still create the necessary pages for each membership?

3). I need to allow users to buy registrations for Sped Dating Events – can I set my own Woocommerce products for each Speed Dating Event with your theme?

Thanks,

Joseph

Laura

Hello,
    1. In Sweetdate > Buddypress you will find the descripcion shown in the forms. I did not understand the last part of the question. If you mean adding more fields on registration form, can be done in the same page.

2. Just go to memberships / subscriptions and add a free level, that never expires or does expire, with a charge of 0$ , if need more help on this just ask.

3. Yes, just create your product on the woocommerce shop, they will appear in the shop so users can buy it.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

iosefl
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Maybe my explanations on the first point were not detailed, sorry about that, I’ll try to explain here:
    – I’m using the Mixed Forms on the Main Page so if the user is registered than the Search form will be displayed, but if the user is not registered than the Create Account form is being displayed
    – I was able to customize the text and the form fields on the Search Form on the main page
    – I was not able to do the same for the Create Account and this is not available on SweetDate/Buddypress as there are only 2 forms there, 1 for the Search and the second for Horizontal or maybe I can’t see this in my installation
    Please see the 2 attachment screenshots, the first one shows you what I see under Sweetdate/Buddypress/forms page setup and the second what users see on the main page for the Create Account Form, there is no form like that in the Sweetdate/Buddypress page.
    Please let me know if you need to login to check my settings.

Thanks,

Joseph

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     iosefl
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Can you please answer my question if possible?

Thank you

Laura

Hello, you can copy the home-register-form.php of page-parts folder in sweetdate and paste it in page-parts folder (create it) inside child theme, then edit home-register-form.php and change the texts there.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

iosefl
    Participant

Thank you Laura, can I also change/add form fields to this page?
    Or I should be better replace the form (choose no form on theme options) and use Gravity Forms instead? Because I need more fields to ask the user before allowing him to register.

Laura

Hello, yes you can add the fields directly in register form.

iosefl
    Participant

Thank you Laura

mledun
    Participant

Hi i just tried to change the text on the page like you suggested but it doesn’t seem to work…what am i doing wrong?

Laura

Hello, follow my instructions and tell me if it works:

1. Go to Sweetdate > Page-parts > Copy home-register-form.php (download it to your pc)
    2. Go to Sweetdate-child > Create a folder and call it page-parts > Paste home-register-form.php then edit the text and save it.

This works with Registration Form in Sweetdate > Homepage admin panel.

DSMGB
    Participant

Hi Joseph

How do you set the multiple forms up so if the user is registered than the Search form will be displayed, but if the user is not registered than the Create Account form is being displayed?

thanks

DSMGB
    Participant

Please ignore the above i have found this 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

okey 🙂

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

iosefl
    Participant

Hi,

How do I add Re-Captcha on the main page registration form?
    Also since I enabled “anyone can register” in WordPress settings, I’m getting lots of spammers signing up. Is there a way to authorize new memberships or somehow prevent spammers to sign up?

Thanks,

Joseph

Abe
    Keymaster

hi, It doesn’t need to be on the homepage since the actual registration is done on your /register page
    For spammers try WangGuard plugin

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘3 QUestions’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?