This topic has 20 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by renee.stuart.

• Author
     Caamo
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been having a few issues since yesterday

1. most of my pages are redirecting as 404 error pages – actually all published non-buddypress pages
    I tried saving permalinks setting but that did not resolve issue Ex. http://www.drinkup.com/conditions

2. Menu drop down items not showing up anymore

I’ve done all updates: Kleo, VC, Kelements, RevSlider, Buddypress.

Thank you for your help!

Caamo
    Participant

sorry error in link above: http://www.drlinkup.com/conditions

sharmstr

Have you tried with with 2015 Theme? Have you disabled any extra plugins? Have you cleared your cache?

Respond privately with info from Theme Options > Sys Info

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Caamo
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

You didnt answer my questions.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Caamo
    Participant

sorry
    I have the latest theme installed so i suppose its 2015 theme.
    I did try disabling plugins and clearing cache, no luck.

I don’t know whats wrong but it seems as if there are many little bugs all of a sudden and I dont know due to what. Even my homepage’s slider doesnt load anymore http://www.drlinkup.com, font size has changed without me modifying it, plus the issues I mentioned above.
    I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you

sharmstr

Visual Composer is way out of date. Please update to 4.4.3 located in latest kleo download.

2015 is not Kleo. I mean WP 2015 theme. By enabling that, we can rule out a Kleo issue and help pinpoint where the problem is.

Caamo
    Participant

ok I updated VC. I have the latest version of WP 4.1.2.

sharmstr

You page is throwing jquery errors. Specifically revolution slider errors. For some reason your site is loading an really old version of the jquery.themepunch.revolution.js file. Its loading a 4.5 file even though your site thinks it has 4.6.5 version of the plugin installed.

sharmstr

You can see what I mean by going to your site. Right click to view source. Then search for jquery.theme. You should see two lines. Click on jquery.themepunch.revolution.js which will load that file. You’ll see that it using 4.5 not 4.6.5

Caamo
    Participant

hmm what can be done to fix that?
    and would that be the reason the published pages are all coming up 404 under custom name permalinks?

sharmstr

Its for sure why your slider isn’t working. And the fact that you have mixed versions of files in that plugin makes me think that you have problems elsewhere. I would delete revslider and reinstall it.

Again, did you try to enable another theme like the 2015 theme to see if you still have 404 errors?

Caamo
    Participant

i deleted and re-installed revslider – seems to still be version 4.5. 0 http://www.drlinkup.com/wp-content/plugins/revslider/rs-plugin/js/jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=4.6.5

what will enabling wp 2015 theme do to my current settings?

sharmstr

It wont do anything to your settings. They are stored in the db. It s COMMON practice to enable other theme while troubleshooting. If its still loading old files, that points to a cache/cdn issue.

Caamo
    Participant

When i change custom permalink to default value, the pages that previously went to 404 work, but then the buddypress pages don’t work and/or config changes.

Caamo
    Participant

ok so i enabled 2015 theme and pages still go to 404

Caamo
    Participant

but menu dropdown function does work

sharmstr

So, since you still have 404, that means its NOT a kleo issue. You need to figure out what’s causing it.

Caamo
    Participant

any tips on how to figure out whats causing it?

sharmstr

In my experience, its a plugin conflict. Again, disable ALL extra plugins, then make sure your cdn/server cache/browser cache or whatever else is causing it to load old files is fixed.

renee.stuart
    Participant

Caamo –

I’m curious if you found a fix. I am (and have been) experiencing the same problem. Menu links operate perfectly, until I login (with non admin username) and access the buddypress profile page. After clicking around in the member area, when I attempt to navigate away using the menu (other than members & home), I get a 404 error.

I initially thought it was the paid memberships pro plugin that was causing the conflict – so I disabled it. But the 404 error is still “randomly” showing up – Only under the conditions noted above.

The site/menu nagivation works perfectly as long I don’t enter the member area (BuddyPress).

I too am using the latest version of my plugins and wordpress.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?