This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by SQadmin.

• Author
     Jeremy14
    Participant

Hey,

I am receiving a 404 error message when trying to Public Message someone. any idea why?

Thanks

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, Try re-saving Settings – Permalinks. Make sure to have pretty ones 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Jeremy14
    Participant

Ok I reset them but it didnt do anything. I’m not too familiar with permalinks how can I make them look good?

J

SQadmin
    Keymaster

I mean to set them instead of Standard to Article name or something
    Try disabling any extra plugins beside Buddypress to see if it works

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Jeremy14
    Participant

The permalinks are set to Day and Name. Once I deactivate all plugins besides Buddypress, I cant even view a profile now. After switching to Buddypress default theme the same thing happens, cannot view profiles or send messages.

JohnDoe
    Participant

I suggest you to remove sweetdate, and re-install it. ( you can also just ignore this post 😉 Just here trying to help.)

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Try following @JohnDoe advice.
    maybe something related to .htaccess

Jeremy14
    Participant

Ok I will try that thanks.

Jeremy14
    Participant

So, that didnt work. I tried deactivated all plugins, deactivating theme, deleting theme, then manually installing it. I cant seem to figure this out. A few weeks ago I switched hosting companies could this be why?

J

SQadmin
    Keymaster

public message takes you to the Activity page. Is your page accessible and set in Settings – BUddypress – Pages?

Jeremy14
    Participant

Well. The problem is solved haha. The reason Public Message was redirecting me to a 404 error is because I did not have an Activity Stream set up. At first I did not want it but Its probably best to keep it. Thank you.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Great.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?