This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Tagged: , , , , ,

erikvisser
    Participant

Hello there,

I created a website with kleo theme http://united4education.nl and it’s kind of slow and the biggest problem is that it produces numerous 503 errors a day that makes the website unreliable and unreachable for the users.

I asked a developer (I’m not a developer) to have a look. He couldn’t find the problem. I asked my host to have a look. They can see that the site is slow and because of that processes keep running and building until it reaches MaxClient number and stops all together (we suspect).

They already upped the MaxClient number and activated server cache and I also activated WP super cache but it’s not making the 503 and the maxclients problem go away. So I’m turning to you. I didn’t alter much I don’t even use most of the options of the theme and still something is wrong.

I know I can make the images smaller and other small stuff to make it more speedy but that just delays the 503. The host also found that this page is being called a lot. 3 different javascript files are asking for it on every pageview and even if you just have it open.

COPY CODE
    <script type="text/javascript">
                /* <![CDATA[ */
                var ajaxurl = 'http://united4education.nl/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php';
                /* ]]> */
            </script>

Please help me solve this mystery so I can become a happy customer.

sharmstr

admin-ajax.php is a utility script. several things use it. for kleo, the live notification uses it. you can either turn it off or changing the interval rate in Theme Options.

For everything else, do a google search. Its a very popular subject.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

erikvisser
    Participant

Thanks for the fast reply! I’m quite new to this kind of thing. So I don’t know where to start looking for good advice / information. The internet is a big place. Do you have good starting points for me? So I know what to look for. And can I make up from your answer that kleo has nothing to do with it the problem?

sharmstr

You can start here: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/search?bbp_search=admin-ajax&bbp_search_forum_id=10549

Next, google admin-ajax.php. Again, common complaint/issue.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?