This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by NancySaik.

• Author
     NancySaik
    Participant

Hello 7thQueen,

While testing the theme and running through for about two months we ran into a few things that we thought we would mention. If you could advise us on how we could fix these or let us know if they are planned for a future update? It would be awesome if you could!

Groups

1. When requesting membership to a group, there is nowhere to cancel that request.
    2. When a member is banned from a group, there is still a request membership button on the group page itself.

Members

1. Statuses set to private are still showing in the latest content area of the profile when viewed by other members and non-members and lead to 404 when someone clicks “View”.
    2. There is a JavaScript error when sending a private message. The error is “Cannot read property ‘ajax’ of undefined”. I did some further investigating and found that $ is not defined. This happens when trying to type in a username.
    3. When viewing a conversation of someones timeline, the comments are only indented by one level. This makes it difficult to read when we have users commenting on replies and there is no way of telling levels apart.
    4. There is a rendering issue in Firefox where when I click the comment button to reply, the element gets pushed up above the padding and the element gets cut off.
    5. In BuddyPress, I can have multiple profile field groups to reduce the size of the signup form, but only the primary shows in a users profile.

General

1. When a user signs out and they are in a secured page like settings they should be redirected to the home page instead of getting a 404.

Some help would be great!

Thank You

All of these were tested using:
    FireFox 40.0.3
    Chrome 45.0.2454.85 m
    Internet Explorer 11

sharmstr

Groups
    1 – This is not a function of the theme. You can formally request this with the bp team
    2 – I’m assuming you mean “rejected” instead of banned, as there is no ‘ban’ feature built into BP groups. In any case, again, this is not a function of the theme. You’ll need to request this feature with the BP team.

Members
    1 – There isnt a privacy setting for you activity by default. Perhaps you’re using a plugin for that. You’ll need to talk to the plugin developer.
    2 – Perhaps this is a plugin conflict.
    3- Correct. This is by design. You can request that there be an option to change this in theme options by opening a featured request here: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/forum/feature-requests/kleo-feature-requests I will say that I did this on a few of my sites early on and it makes a mess of the activity feed when there are multiple levels of replies.
    4 – I cant reproduce this problem in Firefox. See if you can reproduce here: http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/activity/ login is demo demo.
    5 – Again, cant reproduce. Multiple groups show up fine: http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/members/demo/profile/ Perhaps a plugin conflict.

General
    1 – You can install Peters Login Redirect plugin and set a logout redirect to wherever you want.

Hope this helps.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

NancySaik
    Participant

Thank you for your response sharmstr.

There was one plugin I missed and it solved one problem. I did disable any extra plugins, aside from the one I missed, that were installed prior to messaging you previously to assure that there were no plugin conflicts on our end.

Groups:
    1 – Will do
    2 – When you are a moderator of a group and you go to Manage > Members you have the ability to “kick & ban” a member. What I meant is that if you kick & ban a member then that member is unable to request membership, the buttons disappear, this works as expected. All except the button on the group page itself.

Members:
    1 – The setting is in the rtMedia plugin that you recommend to use in your documentation. The privacy feature is in rtMedia > Settings > Privacy.
    2 – Thank you for pointing that out, I had a rogue plugin enabled.
    3 – I will be sure to make a feature request for this then, thank you.
    4 – Yes, I was able to reproduce the problem. I do not it is a problem with the css or theme though, so you may disregard this because I believe it may be a rendering issue in the browser itself because it only occurs in Firefox. I am using FireFox 40.0.3 on Windows 7 Home Premium and I will include an couple images of what I see after clicking the comment button.
    5 – It was an error on our end, thanks.

General:
    1 – Alright, will do.

Thank you for all your help. Your advice really helps.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Groups – Ahhh. Got it. Sorry for not understanding initially. But…. my response is still valid. Kleo is merely styling the output of BP. Since the request button/form is still there with the WP 2015 Theme enabled, kleo isnt breaking /overriding default BP functionality. Basically BP has to fix this.

members
    1 – This also happens with the WP 2015 Theme, so Kleo isnt breaking default functionality. AND it happens with rtCamps own rtDating theme: http://demo.rtcamp.com/rtdating/members/demo/

4 – I meant, can you reproduce on the demo site? You’ll see that the demo works fine with firefox, so it must be something specific with your site. (plugin, custom css….)

Let me know if I missed something 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

I should mention that you can remove the status update from the header all together by copying /kleo/buddypress/members/single/member-header.php to your child theme and removing the bp_last_activity line.

Or you can hide it with css, but that’s not as secure

COPY CODE

#latest-update {
        display: none;
    }

NancySaik
    Participant

Thank you again

I can reproduce the issue on the demo site. I attached a file for that as well.

I will be creating the child theme to solve the other issues as well.

Attachments:
     sharmstr

No matter which activity I try to comment on using firefox, it always scrolls to the top of the comment box. See attached. Win 7 / Firefox 41

Attachments:
     NancySaik
    Participant

I scrolled up from the comment box to show how it was affecting the main activity item. On the photo I uploaded previously, the main status is the part that is cut off.

Thank You

sharmstr

I get it. The point I’m doing a bad job of making is that I cant reproduce it 🙂

NancySaik
    Participant

Yeah, no worries and thank you for your help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?