This topic has 15 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Tagged: ,

costyclan
    Participant

Hi there, I have two things I’d like help with in regard to the activity feed please:

1. When I sort the activity feed from ‘everything’ to ‘updates’ the feed is not showing recent updates (going back to updates from a month ago).

2. I would like the activity page to only show ‘updates’ and ‘posts’ and nothing else (ie. remove new members, profile updates, comments, new groups, group updates and group memberships).

I’ve searched as much as I can and can’t find an answer to question 2 that I can understand and implement.

sharmstr

1 – The do show up. The ones that dont are rtMedia updates. This isnt a Buddyapp bug as the same behavior happens with the WP 2015 theme.

2 – Put this in your child theme’s functions.php files. It will stop saving all new activity types listed in the code. It will not remove those types that are already in the db. Edit as you see fit.

https://gist.github.com/slaFFik/044cb43c0871e48cf341

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

costyclan
    Participant

If rtmedia updates aren’t going to show then I would like to completely remove the sort option on right hand side of activity (shown in screenshot attached). How can I do this please?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     costyclan
    Participant

I copied the code from link provided into functions.php within my child theme and site crashed. Did I do something wrong?

sharmstr

You probably included the php tags

COPY CODE

//Block certain activity types from being added
    function bp_activity_dont_save( $activity_object ) {
        $exclude = array(
            'updated_profile',
            'new_member',
            'new_avatar',
            'friendship_created',
            'joined_group'
        );

// if the activity type is empty, it stops BuddyPress BP_Activity_Activity::save() function
        if( in_array( $activity_object->type, $exclude ) ) {
            $activity_object->type = false;    
        }
    }

add_action('bp_activity_before_save', 'bp_activity_dont_save', 10, 1 );

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

costyclan
    Participant

@sharmstr If rtmedia updates aren’t going to show then I would like to completely remove the sort option on right hand side of activity (shown in screenshot attached). How can I do this please?

Attachments:
     costyclan
    Participant

oh and thank you @sharmstr for advice on code. got it working now : )

sharmstr

Great!

Here’s the css to hide the filter

COPY CODE

#activity-filter-select {
        display: none !important;
    }

costyclan
    Participant

sorry @sharmstr but this code didn’t remove the filter. Any advice?

sharmstr

It does work. The issue is your cache/cdn. Do yourself a favor and disable it until you’re done designing your site. Otherwise, remember to purge your cache/cdn after ever single change you make.

costyclan
    Participant

Thank you @sharmstr. Sorry for the muck around with this. I will take your advice and disable cdn until site is finalised. The filter has removed but the menu is now sitting on activity border and there’s a grey line that needs removing (see attached screenshot). I’m almost done with site so I’ll be out of your hair soon : )

Attachments:
     sharmstr

Try this

COPY CODE

.bp_activity .item-list-tabs {
        margin-bottom: 15px !important;
    }
    #buddypress form#whats-new-form {
        border-bottom: 0px !important;
    }

costyclan
    Participant

Thank you, looks great.
    Final question, I promise. I’ve amended the activity feed with code you provided. I also want to remove updates for ‘New Group created’. CAn you please advise what code to add to make this happen?

sharmstr

Try created_group.

costyclan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

I just checked your styles.css and the code I gave you to fix the activity page isnt in there.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?