This topic has 13 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     web10
    Participant

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the awesome support that you offers! – I appreciate a lot.

1. When a user is logged in, the ”Add friend” button, does not show on users profiles.
    – How can this be? If you visit the site, and look at a profile, the button is there:
    https://date.zone/members/adfriendknap/

2. Is there any way, that a users can choose not to be shown, on the front page?
    https://date.zone/ – Under ”Latest registered members”.

3. Is it possible, to add a costume filed on the register page, where users can put there Skype ID, and by then generate a ”Call me” button, on there profile page?

4. Is it possible, to add a ”donate membership” button, to profiles, so other profiles, can donate premium memberships.

5. Is it possible to to make a ”about me text” next to all your infos on your profile?

I think thats it for now 🙂

Best regards,
    Michael Kjergaard

Laura

Hello, thanks you 🙂 Its a pleasure to help.
    1. Can you share an user so i can test it?
    2. Try this 🙂 http://buddydev.com/buddypress/introducing-buddypress-user-profile-visibility-manager-give-the-users-control-to-manage-their-account-privacy/
    3. Well, you could add a field that is their Skype ID and by php add a dynamic button that creates a skype call me button at their profiles… its a bit tricky.
    4. Not available actually
    5. Its already there, just create a new field and place it at a new group ( Users > Profile fields )

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

web10
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, the skype id would be a field, at Users > Profile fields
    About the button issue, did you do changes to main theme? If so, which ones?
    You should migrate the changes to the child theme and activate it, then update the theme ( if you update it without migrating your change,s you will lose them ) Always have child theme activated.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

web10
    Participant
     web10
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, by migrate the changes i mean take all custom codes to child theme, or you can just copy the files you changed to the child theme, with same folder paths etc
    About the message issue, did you try with a test user?

web10
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, save changes to the child theme is because after a main theme update the files will be replace with the new ones so your changed would be lost. But if you copy all the files then the updates wont update nothing, so you need to copy the changes only.
    About the permission, did you add any custom code?

web10
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Okay I follow 🙂
    – About the permission? Which custom code? To the main theme, we have made a couple of chagens, if thats what you mean?

web10
    Participant

Also, if we update the main theme, would buddypress, and so on also be updated?
    – We made som custom changes there to 🙂

web10
    Participant
     web10
    Participant

I got that last problem working 🙂

Laura

Hello, all changes should be at child theme, buddypress changes also at child theme, inside buddypress folder, following the same path as the main theme, that needs to be done if you want to update the theme someday, or you will lose all

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?