This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     Norman
    Participant

Hi I am trying to permanently integrate Cometchat in my Kleo child theme,
    so far after each upgrade the cometchat dissapeares. ( Comet chat is a chat plugin/service: http://www.cometchat.com )

Cometchat says I need to insert the footer code below after head. But where exactly do i have to insert this in the child theme ? in the .css file ? or do I have to create a new file and add to the child folder ?
    this is the code to make the chat window visible:

COPY CODE
    <link type="text/css" href="/cometchat/cometchatcss.php" rel="stylesheet" charset="utf-8">
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/cometchat/cometchatjs.php" charset="utf-8"></script>

Please advise.

sharmstr

Where did you add it before?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Norman
    Participant

before it was done by Cometchat

sharmstr

That’s what I was wondering. If cometchat automatically adds it to the page, then a kleo update shouldn’t delete it. That makes no sense to me.

Can you respond privately with the cometchat plugin zip?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Norman
    Participant

I am asking Cometchat now, where exactly they put the code during the initial installation.
    But I am sure it got overwritten, because it happend several time- every time a new kleo update was launched.

sharmstr

ok

Norman
    Participant

@sharmstr
    i add the code via the wordpress backend

in theme settings , general, javascript code ( the one that places the script etc. in the footer )
    and it works.

Oscar570
    Participant

Hello,

I bought Cometchat yesterday for my website. But when I have installed it at this address:
    http://www.lezgirls.fr/cometchat and tried to have an access to install.php files (http://www.lezgirls.fr/cometchat.install.php )I have this screen :

So what’s wrong, please could you help me ???? So I can not do anything, nothing works.
    Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
    Nathalie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Norman
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

@norman, please open a new topic for this.

Norman
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

contact dev@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?