This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     mpiroh
    Participant

Hi, this is what I noticed just yesterday and is a major turned down for my website. When a new user registers and licks on activation link, he gets – 404 error (please see attached screenshot). What can I do about this?

http://tantralovers.org/activate/e22173d35c7a6b6228fc297664acaaf9/

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, please make sure you have selected the activate page at Settings > Buddypress > Pages 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mpiroh
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Does it matter which page I choose to be as activate page? I tried several options but none fixed my problem. Stil getting 404 error.

Thank you

Martin

Laura

Hello, should be the Activate page, have you tried also to save your permalinks? Go to settings > Permalinks and select anything but default. Then save 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

mpiroh
    Participant

Dear Laura,

I do not have an option to choose ‘Activate page’ from the list. My permalinks settings in the common section is ‘Post name’. In product permalinks base I changed it from Default to ‘Custom base’ but I’m still getting 404 error. Please click at following link: http://tantralovers.org/activate/e22173d35c7a6b6228fc297664acaaf9/

Thank you

Laura

Hello, you can create a new page and name it Activate then select it at buddypress settings.
    If you prefer you can just disable the activation link by using the following plugin https://es.wordpress.org/plugins/bp-disable-activation-reloaded/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?