This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     jdtoppin
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve searched through BuddyPress support forums for hours and I haven’t found the solution to this problem.

I’ve disabled all my plugins and re-enabled one by one and the problem still exists.

Basically, when people register, they get the email fine, but when they click through to activate, they are just taken to the activation page and nothing happens. I’ve tried copying the activation code and pasting it in, and then, clicking submit, but that does not work either. I’ve compared the activation code to the user_meta in the database and they match, so the problem isn’t there.

Whenever I click submit, the page simply refreshes back to the activate page with an empty field asking for an activation code again, which is preventing any new user registrations. Any ideas here? I’m completely stumped.

sharmstr

have you turned on debugging to see any errors it might be throwing?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

jdtoppin
    Participant

Well, for now, I got sick of looking and installed BP Disable Activate Reloaded and installed Sweetcaptcha. Haha. I’ll re-enable afterward though and see if I can see any errors through debug.

Afrostein
    Participant

I’m not seeing a “Submit” button on my Activation page after activation e-mail link is clicked) (only Log in and Sign Up buttons) Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks.

jdtoppin
    Participant

This might have been an issue with WordPress Super Cache as well as the issue has gone away upon reinstall with W3TC cache instead…

Afrostein
    Participant

@jdtoppin Thanks. I wish that was the issue. We’re trying everything but still the same problem. Will try uninstalling the plugin W3 Total Cache now and reinstall it.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi Afrostein, You are referring to the Sweetdate theme probably. Make sure you have mapped the Activate page under Settings – Buddypress – Pages.

Also if you are using the memberships plugin make sure you haven’t applied any restrictions from edit page

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

bruce7075
    Participant

Hi,

I have the same issue. When users click an activation email, they are redirecting to a page asking for activation code.

In theory, when users click the activation link in the email, they shall be logging mode.

I have been searching for answers in the web but still can’t fix this issue. Please kindly help.

Thank you very much!

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, sorry for the late reply… the topic is very old.

Normally when you click the activate button your account is activated and you should manually login. If you want to disable the activation process use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-disable-activation-reloaded/

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?