This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     invidia30
    Participant

Hello Guys !

I’m thinkin my question is…probaly useless and boring 🙂

I’m actualy using Kleo with buddypress and other feature, and i’ve discovering your other theme buddyapp !

So !

I want to use buddyapp with kleo like Landing Page so i wanna know if this is possible?

rikbutterflyskull
    Participant

This will be good to see. If we want only Kleo for landing page i think the wp multisite is a good option.
    Having Kleo for main pages and BuddyApp as Dashboard is more tricky, but not impossible i think (sharing database for buddypress components and users, cookie sessions, urls, permalinks and redirects between the themes, 404 pages, choosing two separate wp installation or using a multisite, domain/subdomain, SEO and Sitemap, etc.).

invidia30
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the answers rikbutterflyskull

I think i gonna only use Kleo for LP without using the members… It’s sad kleo doesn’t use buddyapp 🙁

rikbutterflyskull
    Participant

Kleo and BuddyApp are just different themes with same core components (BuddyPress)

Using the same database for users data and cookie session is possible, not so easy, but possible:

http://www.remicorson.com/share-users-database-on-different-wordpress-installs/

So you can use Kleo for Landing Page and login, but not BP Live Notification, BP menu elements and main Search across the two themes out of box 🙂

Laura

Hello, as @rikbutterflyskull said, they are different themes but using the same wordpress database, to use kleo for landing page you can use a multisite or a plugin that lets you select a theme for specific page

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?