This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author
     samuelhatton
    Participant

I have a “needed items” custom post type that I would like added to the buddypress top level menu with an icon that would display the items a user has added.

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

What’s the link for your CPT ?

So you want to have an icon that link to the CPT URL ? that will be placed next to activity or profile tab from example, right?

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     samuelhatton
    Participant

needed_items is the slug for the cpt. I’ve created a menu that has the cpt pages and sub pages I’d like added to the buddypress profile interface where i can choose the icons that appear.

In reference to the screenshot I’m uploading. The pages and sub pages exist for ‘add events’ ‘my events’ ‘events’ ‘needed items’ ‘donated items’ and all the other things i want to display.

For example under ‘events’ i want sub options like what exist for ‘listings’ ‘add events’ and ‘my events’.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

I see,

We don’t have a plug and play or easy solution to provide in that matter, but there it’s a simple guide about how to do that on buddydev.com : https://buddydev.com/buddypress/add-extra-links-to-buddypress-user-profile-menu-buddypress-group-menu/

All the snippets can be added into child theme wp-content/themes/kleo-child/functions.php

NOTE: Child theme needs to be installed and activated.

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?