This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Laura.

• Author
     monsurc1
    Participant

HI,

I would like an option where user can add friend without their acceptance. I mean anyone can add friends without any permission like instagram. is it possible ? then How?

Thanks

Laura

Hello, maybe https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-followers/ helps 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

monsurc1
    Participant

HI Laura,

I tried the plugin. But it is conflicting with your buddyapp theme in this way…

When I activate it works well but it showing both links, like mentions and following!

Please advice how I can remove mentions.
    Thanks

Laura

Hello, can you share access so i can check it out? 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

monsurc1
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, i see a maintenance of 48h, let me know once i can access 🙂

monsurc1
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, i could login, i see you changed friends to chasers, and i see both following and followers, right now i do not see any issue, can you let me know what is not working exactly?

monsurc1
    Participant

Hi,
    Basically, I used locotranslate plugin to change friends to chasers and mentions to chasing ; as I thought mentions is like following, right?(you can compare buddyapp demo with my site).
    Now, I installed buddypress-followers plugin, it creates 2 more links following and followers. As you can remember I used it only to accept friend request without any acceptance required (ticket opened for this reason).

I think, in buddyapp demo, if you install buddypress-followers plugin you will understand what I came across.
    I just wanted to keep any set of these 2.
    Let me know, if you need more info.

Thanks for your help.

Laura

Hello 🙂 Mentions is hen someone posts an update and uses your name @….. and mentions you 🙂 So its not following but talking about you

monsurc1
    Participant

Nice of you. Could you please let me know how can I take off or hide mention(here chasing) and chasers?

That will be helpful.

Thanks

Laura

Hello 🙂 this should help https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/daily-tip-how-to-remove-mentions-from-buddypress/ let me know if you need help with it

monsurc1
    Participant

Thanks for the link. Let me try tbhis. I will let you know the outcome.

monsurc1
    Participant

Hi Laura,

hope you well. The solution you provided works well. Thank you so much.

Laura

Glad to help 🙂 If you can rate us 5 stars at themeforest that would help a lot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Theme options & Demo content’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?