This topic has 21 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Norman.

• Author
     Norman
    Participant

Hi I am using the Masonry view to display buddypress members.

Sometimes on a PC when I scroll down, half of the picture is empty. I need to scroll down further more before the additional members are loaded, and they than only load on the top of the page. I have to scroll up than again to see them, which looks buggy.
    When I use the responsive version on a cellphone sometimes the web app is crashing when loading the Masonry page with friends- I believe a performance problem ( happend also on other smart phones)

My question: is there a way to show a more simple view of friends with “Avatar, add friend and follow friend” without this animated effect ? Just a simple non-animated view that loads one member after another in grid ? I believe for me that would work more stable although it looks great. Thank you.

Radu

Hello,

If you want to disable that effect go to Kleo Child Theme, create a folder named buddypress, then inside buddypress folder create new one named members, then when you are in members folder add this file ( see and unrar attachment )

the path need to be like : /kleo-child/buddypress/members

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Norman
    Participant

@Radu

Radu thanks for the help so in the end I should have this correct ?

/kleo-child/buddypress/members/members-loop.php

Norman
    Participant

no effect so far

Attachments:
     sharmstr

Norman. Did you clear your cache?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Norman
    Participant

@sharmstr Yes, i cleared all caches

Norman
    Participant

i had to take the script off- it breaks my buddypress somehow. says problem with page, need to reload, than it reloads,problem again ..
    is there a more simple way to show, add and follow friends from the library ?

Norman
    Participant

@Radu sorry to bother again but also on my smartphone my add friends page always has a problem. it says there is a problem with the page and than the page reloads. i am displaying 100 members. if i don’t touch it look ok for a moment if i scroll down it happens again.
    on this page is only a search field and than the kleo members list with add friend and follow option.
    i also think that this can be a problem for the database connection.
    i know you gave me that code- but it didn’t work for me. Is there really no other option to list buddypress friends in a simple way without animation ?

Norman
    Participant

.. i still have a big problem, because all smart phones are having a problem when they have to show
    the page with my mansonry members list. – they can’t load the page- finally nothing is displayed and it says there is a problem with the page. on desktop computer however it works fine.

Abe
    Keymaster

@norman have you disabled the masonry in the end? This last problem is still related to that?

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Norman
    Participant

@Abe , Hi Abe i tried a lot of things but I couldn’t switch off the masonry effect.
    I always had other problems.
    Since it works on a desktop computer I started thinking that it is a performance problem of smartphones.
    Because I am displaying 80 members on one page.
    However I keep on trying.
    But if there is any chance that you can guys can offer a simple solution for displaying a non animated very simple members loop page that would be great.

Abe
    Keymaster

Ok, so what you need to do is pretty simple.
    1. Make sure to have the kleo-child theme activated
    2. copy this file from the kleo theme wp-content/themes/kleo/buddypress/members/members-loop.php to wp-content/themes/kleo-child/buddypress/members/members-loop.php
    3. edit wp-content/themes/kleo-child/buddypress/members/members-loop.php
    4. make a search in the file for “animated animate-when-almost-visible bottom-to-top” and delete those classes so instead of
    <div class="member-inner-list animated animate-when-almost-visible bottom-to-top">
    you will have
    <div class="member-inner-list">
    5. Done
    Now you have disabled members animation.

Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Norman
    Participant

I @Abe,

thanks I really hoped for a solution like that. Appreciate.
    I did like you said but the animation is still there.
    I also deleted my browser cache, my super cache cache and my CDN cache.

Any idea ?

Abe
    Keymaster

Try to inspect your member grid elements and see if those classes are still there. Also check the template to be in the same exact location in the child theme and the child theme is active

---

Norman
    Participant

-the location is ok. see screen shots.

Attachments:
     Norman
    Participant

just checked. the classes are still in there

Attachments:
     Norman
    Participant

child theme is active

Norman
    Participant

@Abe , although i deleted all caches, I still think this is CDN problem or an update problem.

( I also edited the members loop file in the main theme to test it and deleted all caches and even than I couldn’t see the effect- the class was still in the members grid). I think the best is maybe to just wait a couple of hours. Your code must work. But I don’t really get this. I will keep you posted. Thank you Abe

this is the page by the way http://www.kawaii.com/findfriends/

Norman
    Participant

@Abe

Abe I discovered that when I am opening the members page directly the code works

So under this page is works http://www.kawaii.com/members/

And the good thing is: is also does not crash my smartphone load anymore, so I will link to this page for now. I am only wondering why my other page is not updating the class code.
    I am using this shortcode on my friends finder page. Do you think this can be the reason for my problem ?

[kleo_bp_members_masonry type="random" number="210" rounded="rounded" online="noshow"][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

Can I also call or insert the members list with an other unanimated code ?
    Thx for help

Norman
    Participant

@Abe

if i keep on using the standard members page ,
    is it possible

1.) to hide the display of the total amount of members ?
    ( I don’t have a lot of members,so this is not good for me)

2.) to have an option to show members in a random order aswell ?
    before I made 2 pages and set the display on random order, so people where jumping from one page to the
    other and would always see new members. but since i used the shortcode for it and the shortcode
    doesnt work I need a new solution

3.) when displaying the members list the control element with the small page numbers and the arrows are
    really not usable, because they are super small and one has to exactly click on the font. is there another option to navigate ?

. but again the best would be for me if I could have a shortcode that displays them members list without animation

Norman
    Participant

something like this in style.css to remove the total member count ?

li#members-all {
    display: none;
    }

Norman
    Participant

ok. that worked – total member count hidden.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘add friends , follow friends Masonry, loading issue’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?