This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     tstrickland415
    Participant

I am looking for a way to add a Revolution Slider slide to the top of Buddypress’ “Sitewide Activity” page. The Activity page is already blank (I assume there’s some backend functionality generating the content of these pages), and when I add the shortcode nothing changes. I am not proficient in PHP, so if there’s something to add to the functions.php file, can someone please help. Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, that page is generated by Buddypress. the templates are located in buddypress folder so you can edit templates and add the revslider shortcode by php like
    <?php echo do_shortcode('[my_shortcode_here]');?>

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

tstrickland415
    Participant

Nice! Thank you! Now how would I target the Site-Wide activity page to add this shortcode? I’m afraid if I add it straight to buddypress’ core template files, they will be lost during update. How can I do this through either the bp-custom.php or my child theme’s function’s file?

sharmstr

What abe meant by buddypress folder is the buddypress folder in the kleo theme. Copy /kleo/buddypress/activity/index.php to your child theme using the same directory structure. Also, normally you’d do a ‘do_shortcode’, but rev slider has its own function which is putRevSlider.

COPY CODE

<?php putRevSlider("your-slider-name"); ?>

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

tstrickland415
    Participant

Ohhh! Ok I understand how all of this works now. Thanks for the fast and informative responses @abe and @sharmstr

Abe
    Keymaster

@sharmstr thank you

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?