This topic has 18 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: , ,

ahmadfaiz11
    Participant

Hi,

I want to add tab to Member Profile like this website >>> http://playerprofiles.co.nz/members/john-black/#my-photos (About Me, My Sport, Summary, My Photo)

How to add this tab?

My website >>> http://www.cintazara.com/members/master/

ahmadfaiz11
    Participant

I feel you need make one simple video to show how add tab in mambers profile….

ahmadfaiz11
    Participant

I tried to follow this step https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-more-tabs-next-to-the-profile-image

But its not working….

I don’t know where is wrong….

One more thing, where to find sweetdate-child/functions.php ?

i’am not sure….

Please help me…

If can, i want to add tab like this http://falafelandburgers.com/members/testman/friends/ (The basic, Looking for, About My self, Physical)

ahmadfaiz11
    Participant

I feel blank right now to add this tabs….

I want tabs like this website >>> http://falafelandburgers.com/members/testman/friends/ (The basic, Looking for, About My self, Physical)

Can you show me again step by step here please….

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi ahmadfaiz11, You need to follow the instructions from that topic: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-more-tabs-next-to-the-profile-image

and change the group names with your renamed group names

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

sweetdate-child/functions.php in found in your server when you connect to it by FTP or cpanel in file browser.
    The full path is wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php
    You need to have the child theme installed and activated

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Also the My photos will appear once that user has uploaded photos to his profile trough Album or trough Media section if you installed rtMedia plugin

---

ahmadfaiz11
    Participant

Hi,

There are two functions.php in my sweetdate-child

1. /public_html/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php

2. /public_html/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/Function modyfied/functions.php

both of them are different php code…

based on your instruction, the right path is number 1…. But for php code is different….

Number 2 is right php code but wrong path….

this make me blur..

Hope you understand what I say…

Can I give you access ftp/website to look what problem?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Your path from no. 2 is probably a backup of yours since we haven’t instructed anyone to use that.
    If the code is right in no. 2 path, then copy the code to no. 1 right path
    The code added should follow this example: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-more-tabs-next-to-the-profile-image

Normally if you haven’t changed the profile fields Group names, they should appear by default just like in our demo

---

Abe
    Keymaster

If you still can’t make it give me the name of your profile Groups as in Users – Profile fields and I will give the code that should be added

---

ahmadfaiz11
    Participant

Sorry sir…I tried to copy and paste code from path 2 to path 1. But they are not allow….

ahmadfaiz11
    Participant

Sir, I think you should take look inside and you will understand what my problem…The problem is, there are two functions.php in my sweetdate-child:

1. /public_html/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php

2. /public_html/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/Function modyfied/functions.php

When this happen, I cannot follow your instruction….

I will give you ftp access and you will know…

ahmadfaiz11
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I don’t know if you have read my message so I will paste it again:

Hi, Your path from no. 2 is probably a backup of yours since we haven’t instructed anyone to use that.
    The code added should follow this example: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-more-tabs-next-to-the-profile-image

Normally if you haven’t changed the profile fields Group names, they should appear by default just like in our demo

Like I said above, wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php is the right file to make changes to. I don’t know how that other funcion got there, probably you added it or a developer of yours

---

ahmadfaiz11
    Participant

What my problem now is, when I try follow your instruction

An error warning occur…

Abe
    Keymaster

Hey man, I already said which is the right file 🙂 /public_html/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php

forget the other one. Talk to whoever added it there.
    Please follow this topic https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-more-tabs-next-to-the-profile-image and add the correct code to public_html/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php

I think I gave you pretty straight-forward instructions.
    And those default profile tabs should appear by default if the user has completed its profile

---

ahmadfaiz11
    Participant

Sorry sir, I think you misunderstanding what my problem… Please read carefully on my problem…

Ok, I got this path /public_html/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php

But the code is like this….

COPY CODE
    <?php
    /**
     * @package WordPress
     * @subpackage Sweetdate
     * @author SeventhQueen <themesupport@seventhqueen.com>
     * @since Sweetdate 1.0
     */

/**
     * Sweetdate Child Theme Functions
     * Add extra code or replace existing functions
    */ 

?>

The instruction say, the code like this,

COPY CODE
    //my changes to profile tabs 
    add_action('after_setup_theme','kleo_my_custom_tabs');
    function kleo_my_custom_tabs() 
    {
    	global $bp_tabs;
    	$bp_tabs = array();
    	$bp_tabs['looking-for'] = array(
    			'type' => 'cite',
    			'name' =>  __('Looking for', 'kleo_framework'),
    			'group' => 'Looking for',
    			'class' => 'citetab'
    	);

$bp_tabs['base'] = array(
    			'type' => 'regular',
    			'name' => __('About me', 'kleo_framework'),
    			'group' => 'Base',
    			'class' => 'regulartab'
    	);

/* rtMedia tab - only if plugin installed */
    	if (class_exists('RTMedia')) 
    	{
    		$bp_tabs['rtmedia'] = array(
    				'type' => 'rt_media',
    				'name' => __('My work', 'kleo_framework'),
    				'class' => 'mySlider'
    		);
    	}

/* Bp-Album tab - only if plugin installed */
    	elseif (function_exists('bpa_init')) {
    		$bp_tabs['bp-album'] = array(
    				'type' => 'bp_album',
    				'name' => __('My photos', 'kleo_framework'),
    				'class' => 'mySlider'
    		);
    	}

$bp_tabs['social'] = array(
    			'type' => 'regular',
    			'name' => __('Social', 'kleo_framework'),
    			'class' => 'regulartab'
    	);
    }

So, I did not see that code….That why I ask you……. Seriously…I did not see the right code on the path /public_html/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php …

Sorry sir… I really need your help… 🙁

ahmadfaiz11
    Participant

Hi Abe,

Thanks for your patient to answer it….My problem solved now after I am try and error myself for many times…….

Abe
    Keymaster

Ok. Glad to hear you figured it out 😉

Topic closed

---

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Add Tab To Members profile’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?