This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by iamj_kim.

• Author
     iamj_kim
    Participant

Hi,

When I add text to the members page, it doesn’t show up. I want it to show above the members listing in the in the members Directory. How can I do that? Thanks.

iamj_kim
    Participant

I found this link http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-add-descriptive-text-to-top-of-buddypress-pages . Is this the only way to accomplish this? what if I want to add shortcodes above the members directory or a desriptive box? Is it possible or does it need to be hard coded?

Catalin

Hello,

Please add this code:

COPY CODE

function add_custom_text_after_directory_members (){
        echo 'CUSTOM TEXT';
    }
    add_action(' bp_after_directory_members', 'add_custom_text_after_directory_members');

to your functions.php file from the child theme folder.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     iamj_kim
    Participant

Well, that didn’t work for me… I’d like to type text (or shortcode) into the Edit Page Members and have it show up above the members photos in the members directory. Am I doing something wrong?

Catalin

Hello,

The members page template is generated by BuddyPress core and cannot be modified by adding content in the content field from edit page area.

I tested the code and it works. You just need add this in the functions.php file from your child theme.

I can do that for you if you provide me FTP credentials. If so, reply message as private for security reasons.

Also, give me the text you want to add.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     iamj_kim
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     iamj_kim
    Participant

Hello Catalin,

Any chance you were able to help me make this change? Let me know if you were unable to get into the site. Thanks!

Catalin

Hello,

Please check now.

You can replace “Custom text” with what you need. You can do that in functions.php from your child theme.

Let me know if this works.

Thank you,
    Catalin

iamj_kim
    Participant

Hello Catalin,

That worked perfectly. Unfortunately, I wanted to put it before the members directory, not after. But, with your code as a guide, I found the solution by replacing bp_after_directory_members with bp_before_members_loop. So thank you very much!. Now I just need to figure out how to generate a shortcode there 🙂

Catalin

Hello,

Take a look at this link:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode

Thank you,
    Catalin

iamj_kim
    Participant

That code worked great! Fantastic customer service! Marked as resolved!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Add Text Above Members in Members Directory’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?