This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     darunia77
    Participant

Hi guys. I’m trying to set up a shop within my dating site, and I would like to have a different shop menu on all the Woocommerce pages – with a button to link back to the main home page.  Like I have it here in my shop home page:

https://greenteacoffeedate.com/shop/

I was able to change this menu only for the shop page but not sure how to change it for all categories and all dynamic product pages. Is that something that requires php or is it somewhere in the settings I am missing.

Thanks

Daria

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Swapping out whole menus depending on the template used can be troublesome with caching etc. I would recommend using a plugin like Menu Item Visibility Control which can be found in the WordPress.org repository for free here https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-items-visibility-control/ with conditional checks for the content in the visibility field.

With the plugin installed open your menu item and add the below to the visibility field to only show a menu item if it is a WooCommerce page

is_woocommerce

Likewise use the below to only show menu items if it is not a WooCommerce page

!is_woocommerce

If you apply this to the parent menu item that you wish to hide then the children will inherit the same state as the parent.

Hope this helps,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

darunia77
    Participant

Great, thanks Kieran. I will check out this plugin and see if it works for me.

I just feel that people stumbling upon my shop outside of the dating site, and seeing menu for the dating site in the shop, might get confused + I want to show the shop categories.

I will let you know if it worked.

Kieran_SQ

Great, keep me posted 🙂

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

darunia77
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi Daria,

In your primary menu you have set every item as !is_woocommerce which means it will not show any items on a WooCommerce page – and is therefore working as intended.

All of your menu items, both BuddyPress, WooCommerce and otherwise should all live in the same menu (for this method), in your case the menu is titled ‘Main Menu’. You should then use is_woocommerce and !is_woocommerce to show or hide elements on WooCommerce.

Kieran

darunia77
    Participant

Haha, totally makes sense, I don’t need that other menu. I just did what you suggested and it works. Thanks!

Kieran_SQ

Hi Daria,

Glad this is working for you now, do you consider this ticket resolved?

Also, if you have a spare moment after this ticket please consider leaving the support you received and/or KLEO a review on ThemeForest. Every review really does help me.

https://themeforest.net/item/kleo-pro-community-focused-multipurpose-buddypress-theme/reviews/6776630

All the very best

Kieran.

darunia77
    Participant

Thanks Kieran, I just left a review. You can close the thread.

I do have some questions about stealing some features off Sweet Date, I am going to open a new thread for this.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks so much for the review! I will mark this ticket as resolved. Feel free to open a new ticket any time 🙂

All the best,

Kieran

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?