This topic has 18 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     robererik
    Participant

Hello,

Could you please tell how can I do to to add an image (with a link on it) before the first article on the homepage?

The image should only appear when the user is on the homepage (image not visible when the user is on a tag, category, archive page..).

See attached a screenshot 🙂

Thank you,

Erik

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     robererik
    Participant

On this image there would be a link to invite the users to submit a new post 🙂

See other screen attached..

Attachments:
     robererik
    Participant

In fact, instead of an image it could be a kind of a button, but if you tell me where (and how) I can put the php/html code, then I’ll manage with the rest of the development 🙂

For information, this button would link to this form which is accessible only when the users are connected:
    https://www.deliscovery.com/nouveau-delice/

Laura

Hello, i think that the file archive.php would be the one to edit 🙂
    If you need help, copy the archive.php to the child theme and share wpadmin access with me so i can work on it 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

robererik
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

I would need some details, what is the button doing, is it something special or something from a plugin?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

robererik
    Participant

Nothing special, we should just add a buton that would link to this page: https://www.deliscovery.com/nouveau-delice/

Then on this page, the user will be able to submit some posts to the community 🙂

At the end what I would like is a form before the first article, where the users could share links, upload photos and videos.. The same kind of think that you have on Facebook and Tumblr.. but I think that this would require custome develoment 🙂

robererik
    Participant

For info, I’ve hidden the admin bar so if you want to go to the WPadmin you have to go with the link 🙂
    https://www.deliscovery.com/wp-admin/

robererik
    Participant

Hi Laura, please note that I’ve had to set back the layout to “standard blog” because I had some problems with the masonry customisation that we have done together :-/ .. I think that the standard design will be more safe and stable for the future developement of the website 🙂

I’ll soon send an email to you and dev@seventhqueen.com for a clean custom development of the standard design^^

Just let me know when you will have an idea to set a image/button before the first article 🙂

robererik
    Participant

Yeah, I think I could deal with it 🙂

I’ve added the following code in the index.php file (that I’ve copied in the child theme)

<table style=”width:100%; background-color: #fff; border: 1px solid #e5e5e5; margin-bottom:15px;”;>
    <tr>
    <th><center></center></th>
    </tr>
    </table>

Is this a good way of doing it?..

Laura

Hello, yes, but try adding it to Before Content section at the blog page editor

robererik
    Participant

Hello Laura, sorry I don’t understand what do you mean by the “blog page editor”?

Have you seen my review on Themeforest? 🙂

Laura

Hello 🙂 At Pages, edit the page blog and try adding the code to the Before Content section
    And yes i saw it, thanks you so much!!

robererik
    Participant

Ok thanks.. in fact I don’t think that I have any “Page Blog” under the oage section 🙂

Other thing.. do you know how can I reduce the size of the avatars (see screenshot attached)?

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, oh i understand, as your homepage is the blog you do not have any blog page.
    For the avatars try adding this to style.css of child theme

COPY CODE

small.meta-author.author.vcard img {
        width: 6% !important;
    }

robererik
    Participant

Many many thanks Laura, it’s much better with the resized avatar 🙂

Now the next step for me it to setup an infinite scroll for the hompepage blog.. do you know how I can do that?

Laura

Hello, maybe try https://wordpress.org/plugins/yith-infinite-scrolling/
    Are you using the blog page or a visual composer element?

robererik
    Participant

Hello Laura,

At the moment I’m not using “Visual composer”.. I’m just adding the posts manually with the classic admin form.

Thanks for the Yith plugin, it works great! 🙂

The only thing now is that on smartphone platform it’s a bit weird to have the sidebar appearing below the posts.. Is it possible to simply hide/remove the sidebar elements “only on smartphones platforms” (it is not a problem to hide it because the users will be able to find the same options in the top menu)?

Erik

Laura

Hello, maybe this helps https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-visibility/ 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?