This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     k3m
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to replace theme app.js with the customised version of it, copied to the child theme but when I do it I receive an error in chrome console that some of the elements are incorrect.

File is almost identical, the only change is done within accordionInfo().

Could you please advise what could be a problem and how to fix it?

Code used to load custom js script:

add_action(‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘load_custom_js’);

function load_custom_js()

{

wp_dequeue_script(‘app’);

wp_enqueue_script(‘app’, get_stylesheet_directory_uri().’/assets/scripts/app.js’, array(‘jquery’));

}

Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

If you will look in source code instead of parent theme is loaded only child-theme/app.js ?or both ?

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     k3m
    Participant

only child theme app.js is loaded but as I mentioned before they are basically the same with only difference in one function

Radu

an if you will load identical file like in parent app.js from child theme that error persists ? or disappear ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     k3m
    Participant

issue persists in both cases

Radu

Hi,

I understand, to be clear, with parent theme activated the issue is the same ?

If yes, disable all plugins clear your browser cache and server cache if you have and check again console and let me know.

Cheers

Radu

Radu

If the error disappear enable plugins one by one to identify what causes this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?