This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by jwchameleoncorp.

• Author

Tagged: 

shaverty
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to add the instagram icon to the header next to the other social media icons. I tried to add it by editing the header.php file and that didn’t work for me. Is there any other way I can go about this?

Thank you!

Andrei

Hi,

Please add the following piece of code to the functions.php file inside our theme.
    And don’t forget to modify with your desired instagram url.

COPY CODE

function header_extra_social_icons() {
        echo '<a href="put-your-instagram-full-url-here" class="has-tip tip-bottom" data-width="210" target="_blank" title="Find us on Instagram"><i class="icon-instagram icon-large"></i></a>';
    }
    add_action('kleo_extra_social_icons', 'header_extra_social_icons');

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi Andrei,

I am using the Sweet Date Child Theme. How do I add the Instagram code to that?

Thanks!

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Never mind. I figured out how to add the code. However, it does not display correctly with the other social icons (see attached). Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Andrei

You have to add the piece of code that I provided in the “wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php”, at the bottom of the file.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

You Rock! That did. Last time I put the code below the last “>”

This time I put it above. Always learning.

Thank you!

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

By the way, is there a way to do the same thing with a Youtube icon?

Thanks!

Andrei

Just change the code to:

COPY CODE

function header_extra_social_icons() {
        echo '<a href="put-your-instagram-full-url-here" class="has-tip tip-bottom" data-width="210" target="_blank" title="Find us on Instagram" rel="nofollow"><i class="icon-instagram icon-large"></i></a>';
        echo '<a href="put-your-youtube-full-url-here" class="has-tip tip-bottom" data-width="210" target="_blank" title="Find us on YouTube" rel="nofollow"><i class="icon-youtube icon-large"></i></a>';
    }
    add_action('kleo_extra_social_icons', 'header_extra_social_icons');

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

That worked perfectly. Thank you very much! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?