This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     cybercreative
    Participant

Just switched template from sweetdate to kleo, is there a way to display the member’s Age as a number eg, 21 instead of their full date of birth. (This option is provided in sweetdate but doesnt seem to be for kleo). Need to be able to search members by their age range so not sure if this will work if I replace the Date Selector in profile fields for a number field so they can just type in the age and no DOB is displayed. Any ideas?

Kieran
    Participant

https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-xprofile-custom-fields-type/

Install, create field as Birthdate Selector and tick “Check this if you want to show age instead of birthdate”

cybercreative
    Participant

1) Great plugin and advice thanks! I have done this and the members age is displayed on profiles instead of their full birth date. However on BP Profile Search plugin, now my site profile search forms say ‘BP Profile Search: don’t know how to display the birthdate field type.’ Im not able to show the age field in the search form so members can search other members by age, is there a fix?

2) Half of my user photos get uploaded at a 90 degree angle is there a fix for this? If not do you know a plugin I could use to allow buddypress users to rotate images themselves?

Many thanks!

Kieran
    Participant

This should work, if not try their (BP Profile Search) support forum http://dontdream.it/support/topic

Go to the plugin editor and select the custom fields plugin, click the file bp-xprofile-custom-fields-type.php in wp-content/plugins/buddypress-xprofile-custom-fields-type if not already selected and add the code (below) at the very end after all other code.

COPY CODE
    add_filter ('bps_field_type_for_validation', 'bxcft_map');
    add_filter ('bps_field_type_for_search_form', 'bxcft_map');
    add_filter ('bps_field_type_for_filters', 'bxcft_map');
    add_filter ('bps_field_type_for_query', 'bxcft_map');
    function bxcft_map ($field_type)
    {
        if ($field_type == 'birthdate')  return 'datebox';
        return $field_type;
    }
     Kieran
    Participant

sorry for I screwed up what I was saying there, I meant

Go to the plugin editor and select the BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type plugin from the drop down, click the file bp-xprofile-custom-fields-type.php if not already selected and add the code (previous post) at the very end after all other code within that file.

cybercreative
    Participant

Thanks, I have added this code but I get the same message ‘BP Profile Search: don’t know how to display the birthdate field type.’ I’ll try their support forum. 2nd qurstion; Half of my user photos get uploaded at a 90 degree angle is there a fix for this? If not do you know a plugin I could use to allow buddypress users to rotate images themselves?

Kieran
    Participant

That’s a bummer, I had that issue myself and that method fixed it, best asking there.

As for your 90 degree image question I have no idea, hopefully 7thQueen support will pick this up for you. Sorry I wasn’t much help.

cybercreative
    Participant

Its ok, the plugin developer said it was due to a line of code they’d forgot to add, I removed and re-uploaded plugin and it worked.

Laura

Hello, glad you could resolve it 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?