This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by catholicauthor.

• Author

Tagged: ,

catholicauthor
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to sort my members by first name; research in the bp forums turned up a modification to the childtheme/bp/membersloop.php , where this replaces line 16

<?php if ( bp_has_members( bp_ajax_querystring( ‘members’ ) . ‘&type=alphabetical’ ) ) : ?>

Groups are still not alphabetical, and when I visit the All Members page, they are strangely arranged in a single centered column.

Any recommendations?

catholicauthor
    Participant

I’m sorry, I didn’t include a link;

single column:
    http://www.saintnook.com/saints

normal masonry, but non-alphabetical:
    http://www.saintnook.com/groups/male/

sharmstr

What the heck file path is that? LOL

Copy /kleo/buddypress/members/member-loop.php to /kleo-child/buddypress/members/member-loop.php, then make your edits. Try this instead though

COPY CODE

<?php if ( bp_has_members( bp_ajax_querystring( 'members' ). '&per_page='.sq_option('bp_members_perpage', 24) . '&type=alphabetical' ) ) : ?>

Now, that only handles the loop with in the /members/ context. Groups aren’t in the /members context, they are in… wait for it….. the /groups context. 🙂 That’s why you dont see it working there. Do the same above, but with the /kleo/buddypress/groups/single/members.php file.

COPY CODE

<?php if ( bp_group_has_members( 'exclude_admins_mods=0&per_page='.sq_option('bp_members_perpage', 12) . '&type=alphabetical' ) ) : ?>

btw – this is off the top of my head. I havent tested any of it 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

catholicauthor
    Participant

lol 😀 I was contracting the path – you wrote the right one.

I tried both; the first for all members didn’t seem to change anything; the alphabetizing is still happening, but the theme is breaking.

In the groups, it breaks the page when activated and displays none of the members.

sharmstr

I just tested on my site and it works great. Are you copying the files from the kleo theme directory or from the buddypress plugin directory?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

catholicauthor
    Participant

You’re right; the groups now work perfectly.

Is the All Members working for you? Here’s where I’m still seeing the single column:
    http://www.saintnook.com/saints/

sharmstr

Yeah, it working perfectly. Do you have caching enabled on your server?

catholicauthor
    Participant

Looks like it all works perfectly! Thanks Sharmstr!

sharmstr

No problem. Yours is still one of my favorite designed sites using Kleo. Keep up the great work.

catholicauthor
    Participant

Thanks! Glad you like it. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?