This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     Splendor
    Participant

I’ve been reading a lot about optimization in different levels. One of the biggest problems I’m facing is actually, moving jquery.js to the footer, as in some point is good to load in the header but it renderblocks as it’s a big file and holds up parallization. Moving jquery.js to th footer makes problems for the most. Even loading it minimized from google makes problems.

Any good suggestions about on how to solve this problem?

Anyway I read this article, it’s very good info to be aware of.
    https://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html

Splendor
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support lever who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Andrei

Hi,

Unfortunately this is the way wordpress is designed, if you somehow manage to move it to the footer, there will still be plugins which expects the jquery library to be present in the header and because that will cause lots of issues and conflicts.

So this is not related to the theme, as we use the default script/style loading system from wordpress, it’s about the way wordpress itself. You might be able to find some plugin to help you manage where your scripts are loading, but dunno how effective they might be.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Splendor
    Participant

Hi Andrei,

Yes, the jquery is loaded by wordpress, I actually i don’t understand why there isn’t an option to load minified jquery.
    Yes, As I also understand that it good to load the google jquery.min.js with a fallback to the wordpress jquery. Then the file goes from 90kb to 60kb approx.

Also another thing I noticed about in the element plugin, you have nearly all the same js, as you have in the theme folder as well, I’m curios, why is that? I’m just trying to get this theme as fast as possible and it’s very difficult to get it running like a horse. A lot of js involved and with buddypress and additional small plugins. Things get heavy.

Even though i have 86-90 in pagescore, and Yslow 78. It take 5 second to load the theme from Amsterdam to Vancouver. In Europe is about 4 seconds and this is with maxcdn. So, another option is actually to add a subdomain to hold images for example as those render blocks, to increase the browser limitation which means that the loading will be faster as it open more connections.

Andrei

Hi,

The files which are founder in theme and as well in the k-elements plugin are that because of a possible fallback ( using the theme without the plugin ).

In your optimisations you should use the following plugin which does a great job:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/bwp-minify/

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?