This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by fabienne.

• Author
     Splendor
    Participant

Hi,

Anyone with better know how with w3 total cache? Good setting for buddypress and also about cdn services?

Splendor
    Participant
     Splendor
    Participant

Anyone with brave advices on this?

sharmstr

I used it for awhile and it worked well, but I had to do a ton of configuring. I’ve since moved the site over to SiteGround and using their pre-configured caching. Anyhow, to configure it, I found an old article about it and followed that. Do a search for w3 total cache settings for buddypress. Also, I noticed instant improvement without a caching plugin when I increased the APC memory in my php.ini. If your host has APC enabled, up your memory from 32 to 128.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

And one more note. Make sure you either have a test environment where W3 isn’t installed OR make sure your site is working correctly in all areas before enabling it. Lots of things will break (jquery, css) until you have it configured just right. I’ve seen a ton of “Kleo issues” posted on here that ended up being caching issues.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Splendor
    Participant

Yes, i’m using it on both my test environment and on my host. It works fine without doing anything. But of course i need to get into it.I have mostly used quick cache and other ones. Total cache is quite advanced. Also i’m in between of adding maxcdn or cloudfare to this. I have 256mb to built this on. But i feel as the images for viewing will be quite big i must get so much backup as possible from other services.

Splendor
    Participant

I’m testing a little bit right now i have seen that by using minified in w3 total cache added total approx 1.2-1.3 seconds. hehe.. that sucked..

sharmstr

W3 uses a lot more memory than other caching schemes. If your server isnt configured correctly, you’ll see worse results.

Splendor
    Participant

Yes, i took of the js setting and now i’m at between 2.4 – 2.6 sec per visit! 🙂 I would like to in about 2.0 sec max. And i’m not using object cache. I don’t really understand how that works..

fabienne
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

@fabienne – did you mean to post in this topic?

fabienne
    Participant

NO!! no wonder I couldn’t find my first answer! pls delete this one, I re-posted in the correct topic before.

TourismTribe.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?