This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     kdenso01
    Participant

Hi,  The author images are not showing on by their respective posts.  I downloaded the Kleo News demo, which shows it online but don’t see it in the posts page.  The site is not using buddypress.

is there a place in the post page where I can make this show?  Thanks!

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I am unable to access your site because I am stuck in a redirection to your privacy settings page. Though I have checked all three options and saved them, when I attempt to visit anywhere on your site I am returned to the same page.

Please let me know when this is resolved so I can take a look at the original issue for you.

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

kdenso01
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I am able to see the home, maintenance, page but nothing else. I am redirected upon page load to the privacy page each time for all other pages.

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

kdenso01
    Participant

Hi, Thanks for letting me know.

If I can pull everything off and push to my personal testbed which is less restrictive would that help? Its less restrictive, just need 20 minutes to do this and will give you the new url.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

It’s certainly worth a try, just let me know the new details when it’s ready and I’ll be happy to check.

Regards,

Kieran

kdenso01
    Participant

Hi thank you for being so patient!

Please see the link
    https://webtestpilot.com/guest-authors/

let me know if you have any problems getting there.

Kieran_SQ

Hi there,

Unfortunately I get the same issue when accessing your site via the new URL. It’s got to be the code that handles the privacy settings redirect for the first time. Can you try disabling that and purging any server caching – and let me know once disabled so I can test again.

Thanks,

Kieran

kdenso01
    Participant

Really? that is very odd! The only thing thats on this server is cloudflare. I put in development mode for you.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Still the same issue with the redirect for me, I have attached a video showing the issue for you

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sBGHiTKtuJGbU2I7tMn82JS5IJOb9ZA4/view

Thanks,

Kieran

kdenso01
    Participant

Hi, I honestly can’t even see your video. I removed pretty much everything I could think of to remove that could cause caching.

kdenso01
    Participant

I attached an image of what I see. On the left side above the author’s name, I don’t see the avatar. This is the area I want it to show.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     kdenso01
    Participant

Sorry I need to add another page, did not see how to do this twice. But this is the Guest Author page
    I showed where the author image is not showing.

Attachments:
     kdenso01
    Participant

@
    Kieran_SQ one other thing: I am using the child theme. I don’t know if that has any bearing or not. would I need to put the single post page in the child theme and add the avatar there?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

To enable the user avatar in the meta you can go to WP Admin > Theme Options > Blog and scroll down to Meta settings. Under the Meta settings heading you’ll see an option titled ‘Display Meta Fields’, select this box and then select the option ‘Author Avatar’. This option works with or without BuddyPress activated. I have attached a screenshot of the back-end which shows this option and it’s location for you.

I have forwarded your test URL to my colleagues for them to test if they also get the same issue when accessing your site. When I have feedback from them I will let you know.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

Attachments:
     kdenso01
    Participant

Hi Keiran_SQ, thank you for sticking this out with me (so difficult sometimes right?) I see the options and was able to switch it on! Really appreciate all the help you’ve given. Theme is extremely robust and the client really likes it a lot (as do I!)

Also thanks, I look forward to hearing the issue with being able to see anything, so weird that you cannot see the site at all even without restriction.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

No worries, happy to help 🙂 Thanks for the kind words – if you have a spare 30 seconds today please consider leaving the support received and/or KLEO a review on Theme Forest, every review helps.

https://themeforest.net/item/kleo-pro-community-focused-multipurpose-buddypress-theme/reviews/6776630

I’ll keep you posted on the other issue.

All the best,

Kieran

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Just a quick follow up. I tested your site again this morning in Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and IE and no longer see the issue. I also got feedback from 2 of my colleagues who do not see the redirect issue either.

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

kdenso01
    Participant

Hi Kieran, thank you so much for your help, I really appreciated all of it. The customer is very happy with their site and, google even loves it (I need to work on some lazy loading and some other stuff but you know how that is) My customer told me that people are asking who built their site!! Again, love the work that was done and thanks again!

Kieran_SQ

Hey there,

No worries at all – we’re happy to help, and thanks so much for the kind words here and in your review. Make sure your customer tells everyone 😉

All the very best,

Kieran

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?