This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author

Tagged: , , ,

mitchcan
    Participant

Hey,

I’d like to have one of my menu items (that has three child items) AUTO expand in the side menu to automatically show those child items. So when a user opens the side menu they do not have to find and press the ‘+’ to see the child items on the menu.

How do I accomplish this?

Thanks!

Radu

Hi,

Just use this little CSS snippet,

COPY CODE

.wrap-canvas-menu .widget_nav_menu .offcanvas-menu .dropdown-menu {display:block !important;}

Let me know if it works.

Best Regards

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mitchcan
    Participant

Cool. Thanks Radu. It works, as in it auto expands all of those with children. It will work as is, but I was also wondering if possible to target just one of the the items that have a dropdown.

I tried various pieces of the following

li.menu-item.menu-item-type-custom.menu-item-object-custom.menu-item-home.menu-item-has-children.menu-item-122838.dropdown.mega-5-cols.parent

which contains the specific menu id, but couldn’t get it to work.

Is there a simple way I am missing to target just the one menu parent, not all of them?

Thanks.

Radu

Hi,

Try like this

COPY CODE

.wrap-canvas-menu .widget_nav_menu .offcanvas-menu li.menu-item-4888 .dropdown-menu {display:block !important;}

Replace 4888 with your parent menu item id, to view menu id just inspect element in chrome,an there you will see menu-item-number

Let me know if you solve your issue.

Best regards

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mitchcan
    Participant

Excellent. I just had some words in the wrong places in the ways I was trying. Thank you for your help, this works great.

Radu

You’re welcome.

Have a nice day

Best Regards

Radu

kpittman
    Participant

Is this still a valid fix to getting the navigation menu to auto expand (showing the submenu) in the widget area?

Radu

Hi,

Tried without that css now and it’s expanded like in screenshot. I’m using latest KLEO version.

Cheers
    R.

kpittman
    Participant

Thanks for getting back with me! Now I able to get it to auto-expand when I am on one of the sub-pages. However when I am on the page that is the parent of the sub-pages, it doesn’t auto expand to show the sub-pages, unless I click on the plus sign(+)

So using your same screenshot as example, “Poi and Pins” is the parent page and Tabs & Pills / Tooltips & Popovers are the sub-pages. As long as I am on a sub-page, I can see the other sub menu. Once I click on the parent menu link, then the sub-pages disappears underneath the parent (+).

This is when I tried to use the CSS code you suggested (a couple years back), but I didn’t have any luck getting it to work:

.wrap-canvas-menu .widget_nav_menu .offcanvas-menu .dropdown-menu {display:block !important;}

K

Radu

Hi,

Look at this video : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ugEn2AJ8-VMx1bupvl0bTVDlHeEaZtfo/view

I think i cannot reproduce what you say since if i access the child of a parent item it’s expanded from child to parent, if there under submenu it’s another submenu this will not be expanded but only if you access latest level depth.

Did you have any live url to can check how it behaves on you ?

Cheers
    R

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?