This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     GreenBook2015
    Participant

Hello,

I am using the Home Default page on my site. The first animated numbers box (members online) automatically adds a   whenever I make a change to anything on the home default page making it not align with the other boxes. I have created a new box as well as duplicated both of the other two boxes that will stay in place. I don’t know what could be causing this, I didn’t change anything to the content except the color. The numbers are even still the same. What could be causing this?

greenbooksocialclub.com/test

sharmstr

You have paragraph tags at the top of the first box.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     GreenBook2015
    Participant

I have no clue how that got there. But what exactly does that mean?

There is a <p> tag on top of the box and I have to open a .css file to delete it? I haven’t messed with any .css files yet so I couldn’t have put it in there. How do I find where this <p> tag lives and off it?

sharmstr

Those boxes are Text Blocks. Hover over it, click on the pencil to edit. Switch to text view and you’ll see the paragraph tag at the top. Delete it. Save. Done.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

GreenBook2015
    Participant

But that’s my problem. I will delete it and save and it will take. And then I will do some edits on another part of the homepage and save. And when I check the front page again, the &nbsp tag (<p> tag if you’re looking with elements) will repopulate even though I deleted it. And this keeps happening. Any reason why it would KEEP appearing after I have saved and deleted it?

sharmstr

Respond privately with a link and credentials.

GreenBook2015
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

I think it has to do with all of the unclosed center tags you have from content above the animated numbers. You’re confusing it. See attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     GreenBook2015
    Participant

That was it! Apparently my bad habit of not closing center tags came back to bite me – it created 16 closing tags for my 8 sections because I didn’t close my tags. It must have push the next block off which kept creating the misalignment. And I wouldn’t have thought to check the text editor in classic mode so you showed me a new way to check errors. Appreciate you taking the time to look into that!

sharmstr

Anytime 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?