This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by mycolombianwife.

• Author
     mycolombianwife
    Participant

Hello,

I was seeking a plugin that can send “welcome messages” to each new registered user.

I found one but, it didnt work.

Which one would you suggest?

Thank you?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, this one should work replacing default welcome message: http://wordpress.org/plugins/welcome-email-editor

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

mycolombianwife
    Participant

After installing the plugin I get following message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/15/d405161118/htdocs/mycolombianwife/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php:106) in /homepages/15/d405161118/htdocs/mycolombianwife/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1121

I used your code to hide the members without avatar by way

mycolombianwife
    Participant

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_core_fetch_avatar() in /homepages/15/d405161118/htdocs/mycolombianwife/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php on line 81

mycolombianwife
    Participant

I deleted the last part of this code and error is gone for now:

// ATTENTION
    // This code should be deleted after first site load with the code
    //
    function init_avatar_meta(){
    global $wpdb;
    $ids=$wpdb->get_col(“SELECT ID FROM $wpdb->users”);//we don’t need to check for meta value anyway
    foreach( $ids as $id ){
    if( current_user_has_avatar($id) ){
    update_user_meta( $id, ‘has_avatar’, 1 );
    } else {
    delete_user_meta( $id, ‘has_avatar’ );
    }
    }
    }
    add_action(‘init’, ‘init_avatar_meta’);

mycolombianwife
    Participant

I installed the plugin again and the error occured again:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/15/d405161118/htdocs/mycolombianwife/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php:92) in /homepages/15/d405161118/htdocs/mycolombianwife/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1121

mycolombianwife
    Participant

Ok the code work if I delete this part of the code.
    But it seems the plugin doesn´t work in combination with this plugin.

// ATTENTION
    // This code should be deleted after first site load with the code
    //
    function init_avatar_meta(){
    global $wpdb;
    $ids=$wpdb->get_col(“SELECT ID FROM $wpdb->users”);//we don’t need to check for meta value anyway
    foreach( $ids as $id ){
    if( current_user_has_avatar($id) ){
    update_user_meta( $id, ‘has_avatar’, 1 );
    } else {
    delete_user_meta( $id, ‘has_avatar’ );
    }
    }
    }
    add_action(‘init’, ‘init_avatar_meta’);

mycolombianwife
    Participant

This error still occures:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/15/d405161118/htdocs/mycolombianwife/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php:110) in /homepages/15/d405161118/htdocs/mycolombianwife/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1121

mycolombianwife
    Participant

When I load the website in a new browser this error appears in the top of the website.
    So I suppose everyone who will open the website will see the same:
    When I try to log in into my test account, it just keeps loading.
    I seems that the upper mentioned code does mess around with serval plugins.

I had to deactivate the stop spammers registrations plugin in order to get rid of this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/15/d405161118/htdocs/mycolombianwife/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php:110) in /homepages/15/d405161118/htdocs/mycolombianwife/wp-content/plugins/stop-spammer-registrations-plugin/stop-spammer-registrations.php on line 94

Abe
    Keymaster

Maybe you have some extra spaces in your functions.php at the beginning and end of the file

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

mycolombianwife
    Participant

It seems to work now, as I deleted te spaces in between the code and the closing tags in the functions.php (child theme)

BUT Members without pictures still appear in the search results!

mycolombianwife
    Participant

Yes, I´ve fixed it now. It seems, the spaces were the problem.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘automatic welcome message’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?