This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Hi

Im finding my last drop down menu, on the right of the screen, ‘About’ is having the drop down contents chopped off as it spills off of the right of the screen.

Its probably a very simple to fix if you have more than the basically zero knowledge I have! Any help here please? Obviously I want it to still play nicely on mobile as well, as it presently works fine there.

Thanks

Laura

Please update the theme to latest version and the afferent plugins, you can check the plugin update status from wp-admin -> appearance -> install plugins.

If this is useless please follow these steps to enable wp debug:

•  Connect to your server by FTP
    • Look in root directory of your WordPress install and open wp-config.php
    • Search for define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, false ); and change FALSE value to TRUE
    COPY CODE
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

•   After this line add this:
    COPY CODE
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

WP_DEBUG_LOG is a companion to WP_DEBUG that causes all errors to also be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. This is useful if you want to review all notices later or need to view notices generated off-screen (e.g. during an AJAX request or wp-cron run).

Repeat the described actions and then check the debug.log file and let me know what error appears.

If this is useless please try to deactivate additional plugins except Visual Composer, K-elements, BuddyPress, Paid memberships pro and revolution slider.

After you have disabled the plugins try to see if the error persists.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Hi, this seems a bit of a cookie cutter response. I’ve updated to 4.0.8, so my bad for not being up to date. The drop down menu is still cut off on the right. Surely this is styling needed? No point me following the de-bug steps etc above

Very basic stuff I’m sure, but I’m not a developer, sorry!

There is a link to my site in the first post. Its the ‘about’ menu that is causing the issue.

Cheers

Laura

Hello, try by adding this to style.css of child theme

COPY CODE

.collapse.navbar-collapse.nav-collapse {
        width: 40%;
    }
    ul#menu-primary-menu {
        margin-left: 5%;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

zzkamikazezz
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     zzkamikazezz
    Participant

PS It is not the nav bar hat is getting cut off. It is when you hover over ‘About’, the drop down items get chopped as they go off screen.

Having all drop downs right align instead of left would sort it?

zzkamikazezz
    Participant

Wow

Some how I fixed it. I found this snippet here:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22519377/css-dropdown-menu-with-submenu-aligning-to-the-right-edge-of-its-parent

And changed it to this:
    #menu-primary-menu.nav.navbar-nav li:hover ul{
    left:auto;
    right:0;
    margin-right:-10px;
    }

All seems good now.

I guess this is the best solution really, having to have them all right alogned. Same it cant just be the last ine, but no worries

Laura

Hello, wow glad you could resolve it! I am sure it will help other users 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?