This topic has 18 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     Boblebad
    Participant

Hi

Suddenly bbPress/forum does not show the first post/topic of a thread.

It’s not a plugin conflict, i have two site running with the exact same setup, but the one where i have made new forums, changed some old ones and deleted the rest, suddenly stopped showing the first post/topic in a thread ?

All the best
    Carsten

Boblebad
    Participant

Is there anyone who knows anything about this ?

It’s all members, all kinds of forums incl. group forums, all groups and forums are open and public, no settings in database saying anything about anything being private or closed.

No php or css is edited.

Forums has bin reset, but that didn’t help.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, it could be a caching issue. Anyway looks something wrong in your install

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Boblebad
    Participant

Hi @Abe

It’s not a caching issue, i don’t have any plugins for that installed.

What will happen to the site, the members integration with the forums when uninstalling bbPress and reinstalling it ?

Abe
    Keymaster

Make a backup first of the database and try.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Boblebad
    Participant

I did, i removed bbPress and reinstalled it, nothing happened, still got the problem.

What do you know about bbPress and the database, there are so many user all over the world that has this problem in one way or the other, there must be a bug somewhere ?

It’s with all themes and all users.

I know of others who has with all other users than admin.

A few have talked about archives pages, but since there isn’t any of them in this theme, that can’t be the problem either.

Boblebad
    Participant

One thing more, it’s not related to Buddypress either, many who has the problem does not have Buddypress installed.

Know one seams to know how they get rid of the problem, for some it just disappears again.

It’s like in i-Robet, “The ghosts in the machines” 😉

jaybenkovich
    Participant

This is happening to me also. First posts were there 2 days ago now they are gone. no plugins added except PMPro bbPress. Deactivate did not help. Any Solutions yet?

Boblebad
    Participant

I have figured out so far, that it is Paid Memberships Pro (PMPro) that is the bad guy, i don’t why, and especially why it’s only one the one site the problem exists ?

Both sites have bin updated at the same time to the same versions with all plugins, and WP too.

What will happen regarding members/membership/restrictions when uninstalling and reinstalling PMPro

Abe
    Keymaster

Do a database backup since membership levels could be lost

---

Boblebad
    Participant

Membership levels are lost when uninstalling PMPro, but that doesn’t matter, i was more afraid of the interaction with the rest of Sweet Date and Buddypress, but no harm there.

But i need to figure out what went wrong, cause i can’t have this on a live site with lots of members, so if any has some idea to what in PMPro could cause this, please let me and other know ?

kcurlsjr
    Participant

I’ve experienced the same problem.

Fresh site, PMPro plugin installed.

When I set up the bbPress forums and began testing the first post wasn’t displayed. This was the case for topics in both group-specific and general forums.

After reading this thread, I deactivated the PMPro plugin and the missing first forum posts became visible!

Boblebad
    Participant

Hi @Kevin

I got a reply to this a few days ago, it has something to do with the search filters, they will fix it in the next update 🙂

Here’s the thread where i asked about this “bug”: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/bbpress-topics-is-hidden?replies=12#post-5636096

I did an uninstall of PMPro, and then reinstalled it, that fixed it for me.

kcurlsjr
    Participant

@boblebad

Ah that makes sense. It has been a while since I’ve done a fresh build and forgot about some of the intricacies of bbPress. As I was wrangling with the issue discussed in this thread, I was also trying to figure out if KLEO was responsible for the bbPress activity not showing up in the BuddyPress activity streams.

However it had nothing to do with the theme, rather the same search filters:

http://buddypress.org/support/topic/bbpress-forum-posts-not-appearing-in-activity-stream/

Boblebad
    Participant

It’s actually not a bbPress issue, it’s a PMPro issue, there’s some advanced settings under the Memberships menu: http://postimg.org/image/6trjsrd89/

“The quick fix is to set the search filter to “No” on the advanced settings page (which is probably what happened when you reinstalled).

You can also change the “show excerpts” setting to “Yes” and it will show your topics again.”

They will fix this in the next update.

Abe
    Keymaster

thanks @Boblebad

---

sachaf
    Participant

Hey, i have the same problem now, but i never installed “Paid Memberships Pro”.
    I don’t see the first post of a topic in BBpress.
    an idea anyone?

sachaf
    Participant

oops..it’s in Kleo theme not in sweetdate…

Abe
    Keymaster

@sachaf sorry for the late reply but you should open a topic in the Kleo theme forum. Anyway, before that you should disable any other plugins

---

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?