This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Reflect Growth.

• Author
     Reflect Growth
    Participant

I was browsing through our site forums today and got hit with a 404 when trying to get to the next page of threads.

Reproduction Steps:

Any thoughts on what might cause this behaviour? Seems pretty odd.

Thanks, Matt

Reflect Growth
    Participant

Yikes that formatting went a little crazy! I just put li tags around the reproduction steps.

sharmstr

I personally havent had this issue on my sites, but there’s discussions about it on the bbpress forum. Seems that most people solve it by finding a plugin conflict or by resaving their permalinks (wp admin > settings > permalinks > save).

(fyi – if you’re going to use li tags, you need to also use the ul tag)

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sedmorders
    Participant

This happens on Windows servers. Here is our writeup on the cause:
    3. Changing the Permalink settings to Default breaks Buddypress.
    4. The Kleo support site uses the same syntax for the search page but it works fine and does not produce an error. Must be a Windows Server problem.
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/search/kleo+theme/page/2?bbp_search=kleo+theme
    5. When you access the search page locally from the webserver, you get the following error in the browser:

The above file is located at:
    C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config
    6. Error is described at:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/942076/
    7. To correct the problem:
    7.1. Login to the Windows server over RDP.
    7.2. Open a DOS command box.
    7.3. Change directory to: C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv
    7.4. Enter the following command:
    Appcmd set config “xxxx.xxx” /section:system.webServer/Security/requestFiltering -allowDoubleEscaping:True
    7.5. You will get the following response:
    Applied configuration changes to section “system.webServer/security/requestFiltering” for “MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/xxxx.xxx” at configuration commit path “MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/xxxx.xxx”
    C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv>
    7.6. The above fix is described at:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/942076/

sharmstr

Whoop. *hive five*

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sedmorders
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Done.

Reflect Growth
    Participant

Thanks for all the input guys, really appreciate it.

I determined that the issue was caused by using the “[bbp-topic-index]” shortcode on the “Forums” page, and that to have the pagination working correctly I needed to go into WordPress Admin > Settings > Forums and under “Forums Root Slug” choose that “Forum root should show” “Topics by freshness”.

Kudos to this thread for getting me the resolution: https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/pagination-broken-when-using-shortcode-for-topic-index/

Cheers, Matt

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?