This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     Mike
    Participant

I’ve added some code to add mentions to bbpress, but for some reason it’s not working with Group Forums.

I’m using this code: http://wptavern.com/add-the-new-buddypress-mentions-interface-to-bbpress-forum-replies

Any tips to get this to also work in Group forums?

Thanks!

Mike

sharmstr

Why aren’t you asking the person who wrote it?

Anyhow, probably because the code has is_bbpress().

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Mike
    Participant

Great point. Just wasn’t sure if there was something KLEO specific that may be handled in the way Group forums interact with other bbPress forums on the site. Thanks!

sharmstr

You can always test that by enabling the WP 2015 Theme temporarily to see if the code works, which I’ve done and it doesnt. 🙂

Anyhow, there used to be a bp_is_group_forum() function in bp (well, its still there) that would tell you if you were on a group forum page. The problem is that it checks for the old type of group forums and doesnt work on newer installs. You just need to google for a way to determine if you’re on a group forum. That would be my guess anyway.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Try this instead. I dont really like it because it only checks to see if you are on a group page, not a group forums page.

COPY CODE

function custom_bbpress_maybe_load_mentions_scripts( $retval = false ) {
    	if ( function_exists( 'bbpress' ) && ( is_bbpress() || bp_is_group() ) ) {
    		$retval = true;
    	}

return $retval;
    }
    add_filter( 'bp_activity_maybe_load_mentions_scripts', 'custom_bbpress_maybe_load_mentions_scripts' );

Mike
    Participant

That seems to work great! Thanks so much!

sharmstr

I’ve added this as an option in Theme Options > bbpress. Lets see if its accepted by the devs.

sharmstr

This is available in Kleo 3.0.3.

Mike
    Participant

Awesome! Great work. I’m assuming when I upgrade when it’s released I should remove the code you gave me from my child theme?

sharmstr

Yes. Then save your theme options. You dont have to change anything, just save. See if it works and let me know.

Mike
    Participant

Seems to work! Thanks!

sharmstr

Sweet!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?