This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     ellos
    Participant

Hi, it is fairly clear how to limit specific user groups to be able to have access only to specific forums.
    I need to take it a step further a bit – I need to set visibility. Meaning not only specific user has permissions to some forums, but he needs to NOT see the forums he doesn’t have permissions to. (Meaning when he logs in he will not even see the forum name)
    Please let me know if this was done with Kleo before and if it requires costum programming.
    if it does – let me know if Kleo devs can do it.

Thanks.
    Elijah.

Laura

Hello, let me know if i understood, you need to limit specifiy role to not even see a forum title they dont have access to? Do you plan on using pmpro as as a way of unlocking it in a higher level? Or it has nothing to be with paid memberships?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

ellos
    Participant

I can install pmpro if it does the trick, in the end of the day I don’t need to provide paid membership and can use pmpro only as an access restriction mechanism, right?

I played around with pmpro and didn’t see the option to gide the forum. There is a way to restrict access to it, but user still see it in the list (forum name ).
    What I’m looking for is like this:
    – user logs in
    – he sees only the forums he has been granted access to
    – the rest of the forums don’t appear in the list (even the names are hidden)

Thanks.
    Eli.

Laura

Hmm well, maybe a plugin does this, but i dont know any. But have you tested using groups? Groups can have forums, those are private only to group members. Make the group private and that would do the trick

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

ellos
    Participant

Thanks Laura, what are groups? Plugin named groups?

Laura

Buddypress groups, Incluided in buddypress theme, can be activated at Settings > Buddypress

ellos
    Participant

I see, well it seems a bit of an overkill to use buddypress to manage forum access. I’ve found a good plugin that does that – here you go, really cool thing: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-private-groups/

Thanks.
    Elijah

Laura

Hello, so you managed t do it with this plugin? Awesome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?