This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     love2playgames
    Participant

Normal

false
    false
    false

EN-US
    X-NONE
    X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”;
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-parent:””;
    mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin-top:0in;
    mso-para-margin-right:0in;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt;
    mso-para-margin-left:0in;
    line-height:107%;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:11.0pt;
    font-family:”Calibri”,sans-serif;
    mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Hi 7queen,

I am reading about the bbpress http://bigcheaphosting.com/adding-forum-to-your-wordpress-site-with-bbpress/

In the middle of the page: This TOPIC (Integration of bbPress Forum with WordPress theme) say to create a register page [bbp-register] and it also  create a lost password shortcode on the sidebar [bbp-lost-pass]. Do I need to do all these? there is already a register page and lost password from the sweetdate theme?

Isn’t the sweet theme register / password work everything within the site, or is the bbpress forum is a whole different ball game?

I don’t want to create these 2 things before I post the support first.

Please advice, Thanks

Laura

Hello, the theme is already integrated with bbpress, you do not need to create any integration, and if you have Buddypress enabled then you already have all the pages needed to run a forum as buddypress has an integration with bbpress.
    And as you said, sweetdate login and register ( actually buddypress )works for the entire site.
    Its very easy, each of them create a page to register but the user is the same, a wordpress user, doesnt matter how you register the result is the same, just that in the case of bbpress it assigns a role to them but thats not important as by default they will have that role.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

love2playgames
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Good to know, I was hoping something I need to do extra. Apparently that link to that page is for someone who starts new from scratch.

Nice, less headache for me then 🙂

Thanks and I will try to click the resolved button.

Laura

Hello, glad to help 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?