This topic has 12 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     klosurdo
    Participant

Does anyone know the best size to use for the large cover image in the profile?

Laura

Hello, any size larger than 1000px would be perfect, but the cover size is around 1200×405

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

klosurdo
    Participant

thanks Laura,

My image looks much better now!

Laura

Awesome! I’m glad it helped

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

bluelantern
    Participant

I’m always getting this, where is the size of the max file for cover image?

“The file you uploaded is too big. Please upload a file under”

Laura

Hello, that depends on the size you have set in your wordpress settings 🙂

bluelantern
    Participant

Ok, but please help me with that, because all media uploads are without a problem except this. Which setting are you referring to exactly, pleaser provide where it is and how I can find it.

Also normally the error should display “…Please upload a file under xxxKB” but this error does not display the size as well.

That is the reason why I was asking if there is a specific setting only for this.

Could this be a write permission issue for where the cover image is stored?

Thank you for your help.
    Tony

Laura

Hello, it may be, please try to set the permission to 777 or 775 and test again, if not working please share admin credentials so i can check it out 🙂

bluelantern
    Participant

I must have missed the message where you wrote the name of the directory, can you post it again please?

Also, while you are at it, can you please tell me which setting in which wordpress menu to set the max size of the images.

Thank you.
    Tony

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @bluelantern
    The size for the uploaded images is inherited from your hosting php setting so please contact them and let them know what maximum upload file size you want them to set.

Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

here is more details on what the hosting company should set: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-increase-the-maximum-file-upload-size-in-wordpress/

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

bluelantern
    Participant

Not really, as I said my regular WordPress media uploads are fine

I believe this is an rtMedia pro issue, buddypress profile background image upload is handled by rtmedia not wordpress AFAIK.

Laura

Hello, please check out this link the number 1. https://rtcamp.com/blog/rtmedia-pro-v1-1/ maybe its what you need? Let me know if it worked 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?