This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Radu.

• Author
     excellins
    Participant

I AM trying to style my blog page but it isnt styling. i want to add news ticker and other images . i use buddypress and i have a different bloggin page within the site

Radu

Any page assgined in wp-admin -> settings -> reading -> blog page ->

Will be overwritten by the specific style for blog, masonry style

So create a page with VC or with what you want and add that link to the menu with menu item name blog

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution
     Cafonauta
    Participant

I think this is one of the most asked questions. You should insert it in a FAQ.

BTW two more questions:

– Blog is a special wp page and you have dedicate settings for it. May I choose the sidebar used or it’s always the main sidebar?

– You blog Kleo page is a wp blog or just a page you designed by yourself?

Thank you in advance

Radu

Hi,

1. The control panel for the blog page it’s found under wp-admin -> theme options -> blog

2. The archive page ( http://kleo-site.com/blog/ ) it’s the default one but with our styles, and those can be changed in wp-admin -> theme options -> blog.

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Cafonauta
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

Actually On my question #1 I’m asking if the only sidebar used by the blog pages is the “main sidebar”?
    On wp-admin -> appearance -> sidebars I can create dozen of sidebars.
    Actually on wp-admin -> theme options -> blog I can choose a layout with a sidebar but I cannot choose which sidebar.

Am I forced to use the sidebar called “main”?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

We are working on this matter, in future you will have possibility to choose the sidebar from the blog panel from theme options, for the moment use one of those plugins as temporary solution :

https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-logic/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/content-aware-sidebars/

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Cafonauta
    Participant

Thank you for your reply,
    For me is ok using that sidebar. I was only asking because I’m a WP newbie and I’m trying to understand how things works. The trick of the sidebars and blog pages was a little bit obscure to me.

Thank you again

Radu

Ok

No problem

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?