This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     logaritym
    Participant

Hello. I want to have different bars for my blog + blog posts and for my Bbpress forums. However, I can not see any way to change the sidebar for Bbpress, and also if I want to change the sidebar for the blog posts, I have to do it one by one. I guess I am missing something?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

We do not currently have an option to set a specific sidebar for bbPress pages. You’ll need to use a plugin that shows widgets conditionally based on the type of page being viewed to achieve this.

Two plugins that should be able to do this for you are:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-context/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-logic/

The second plugin is a bit more advanced but will allow you to do more with it. If you wish to use this plugin you can use the below snippet in the widget logic setting to show / hide content only on bbPress content

Show if the page is a bbPress page
    is_bbpress()

Hide if the page is a bbPress page
    !is_bbpress()

The default sidebar for single blog posts is ‘Main Sidebar’, you can of course override this individually.

You can also use the above plugin to conditionally show content based on single post etc like so

Show on single blog post
    is_singular('post')

Hide on single blog post
    !is_singular('post')

Show on single portfolio
    is_singular('portfolio')

Hide on single portfolio
    !is_singular('portfolio')

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?