This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     bassfan
    Participant

I’m using a popular jquery plugin called DataTables on my Kleo themed site with bootstrap styling.  Ideally I would like to include the latest bootstrap version because that is what it wants.  However it appears to be working fine with the 3.0.0 version that Kleo loads when I don’t include it explicitly in DataTables.  The only problem with it are the bootstrap glyphicons that it uses for various things aren’t there so they are just little boxes.

I don’t really know much about bootstrap but from a bit of online research there’s a difference with the way they are handled in version 3.0.0 and all later versions.  I replaced the bootstrap css and js files with the 3.0.3 versions and added the glyphicons “fonts” directory to my parent kleo theme.  Everything including the glyphicons works as I expect now.  I don’t really like that however because obviously that’s going to get blown away when updating.  Plus I don’t know if the Kleo theme itself is broken anywhere I haven’t seen with the slight version change.

Okay so my questions:

Is there a better way of doing this?
    It doesn’t appear that the bootstrap glyphicon files are included in the asset directory anywhere before I put them there, why is that?
    Is Kleo ever going to update to the latest bootstrap?  I see one other question on the forum asking about it.  Can it at least be updated to 3.0.3 which doesn’t add any features but fixes bugs in 3.0.0?

thanks

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

bassfan
    Participant

Hey Laura, any luck?

Andrei

Hi,

The bootstrap version cannot be changed at this moment but I recommend you to check what version of glyphicons your plugin uses and manually load it separately, without the bootstrap library.
    https://github.com/marcoceppi/bootstrap-glyphicons

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?