This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     darunia77
    Participant

Hello Kieran ( or other tech member :))

So I currently have a Kleo theme and I am happy with it for most part.  I do realize I perhaps should have gone with Sweet Date theme for my dating site but I’m hoping there are some modifications in code that will make my site a little more dating friendly. I do have a growing community but perhaps those better features will help.

• I saw that there is a matching feature on Sweet Date. Is that possible to implement on Kleo?

• Also, I like the way individidual profile is set up on Sweet Date, with larger square photo to the side.  And that you can see additional photos in another Photos tab ( I do have the RT Media plugin installed but it doesn’t display like addtional photos in Kleo. )

• Lastly, my members in the Member page look very blurry and small, I tried to increase them but they still display blurry. Can they not display as crisp as in their profile page? Sweet Date has large photos on Members page.

https://greenteacoffeedate.com/members/  ( you will need to log in to see this page)

Those are few things I would love to look into right now.  If you know of any features that I might want that only Sweet Date has, please share as well.

Thanks

Daria

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, the matching and the photo tab requires more custom development but I can help you with the members change, what size do you want?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

darunia77
    Participant

Hi Laura,

I would like the member list photos to be 100px. I think Sweet Date has 90px but I like them just a bit larger.
    I have some custom settings for buddypress colors and layout in Appearance -Customize – Additional CSS if you want to see what I have set there so it doesn’t override or conflict what you will change.

As far as other changes, what does it mean more custom development. Is that a service you provide on fee basis? I also have a developer who can help, but I wasn’t sure how difficult it to replace some php settings for the profile page. Please let me know how I can go about implementing the changes to profile page through you or my guy.

Thanks 🙂

Laura

Hello, please try by adding this to style.css of child theme

COPY CODE

.item-avatar.rounded {
        width: 100px !important;
        height: 100px !important;
    }

For other custom development you could try by contacting our dev team at dev@seventhqueen.com

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

darunia77
    Participant

Hi Laura, thank you for the code. It does work to increase the size of round avatar in the list but the avatars are very very blurry so something else is at play. This is the issue I had before as I managed to make them larger but with same result.

Do you mind taking a look at my site?

When you look at the home page, I have circle avatar slideshow called Recently Active Members- in the sidebar and they seem fine. Also the images display fine in the squares on my Members page ( I use a custom page greenteacoffeedate.com/ourmembers to display partial members which links to regular members page with all profiles. But in the masonry on regular /members page, the circles look so blurry even though they are set to display large.

I will email dev account about the other stuff.

Daria

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Radu

Hi,

That it’s a buddypress feature you can try the next

To increase the avatar size make sure that you have next lines added to the file.

COPY CODE

if ( !defined( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH' ) )
    define( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH', 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb width

if ( !defined( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT' ) )
    define( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT', 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb height

if ( !defined( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH' ) )
    define( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH', 580 ); //change this with your desired full size

if ( !defined( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT' ) )
    define( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT', 580 ); //change this to default height for full avatar

Code can be pasted in this file : “wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php” or in child theme functions.php wp-content/themes/kleo-child/functions.php

Replace 120 and 580 with your desired values

Cheers
    R

darunia77
    Participant

Thanks Radu, I will try this tonight and let you know if it worked.

darunia77
    Participant

Ok guys, so this works but only for new members as I created a test registration and it looks good on the masonry now.

I have to ask all my current members to update their photos as I didn’t realize the BP preset for thumbs was 50px. I have 500+ members who will have the pixellated thumbs unless they replace them or I replace it for them by reuploading their photos.

Radu

Hi,

Ask on the buddypress if there exists any way to do that automatically.

Cheers
    R

darunia77
    Participant

Thanks Radu, I was thinking of that. Maybe I can switch out the php functions to use the regular profile photo and not thumbnails, so it will then have better resolution.

Radu

Yes, as you consider, i don’t have a snippet that does that.

Cheers
    R

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?