This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     d_enajetic
    Participant

Hello All,
    I’m the gentlemen that was having issues with VC a couple months ago. I avoided upgrading for a while, but mistakenly did it today through ManageWP. It’s actually not a problem because just about everything that was wrong before has been fixed.

Now there’s a new issue. Although almost everything is in tact except when I publish a post using Flowplayer (dot org, not FV), I get the issue in image one where shortcode appears above the featured thumbnail in the Activity Stream. Once you refresh that page, you get the situation in image #2 where the stream is blank. If you scroll down to the bottom you’ll see the Load More button and then get image #3 where you’ll see posts from over a week before.

This is only happening with posts that have Flowplayer. Not even posts using the Kleo / VC player and a YouTube video. Every plugin and theme installed is the latest version. I found a post entitled “Activity Stream Disappears”, it’s marked resolved, but there’s also private reply in there, so I can see what the solution is. Hopefully we can fix this in a very timely and painless manner. I can’t post new content to my site (using Flowplayer) with this bug that’s what my members pay for.

BTW, I did update the JS files in the Archive .zip. I’ll save you the keystrokes asking and the time wasted waiting for a reply.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     d_enajetic
    Participant

After hours of trying to figure out what’s going on, somehow it fixed itself. I have no idea what happened and I’m done questioning it. This thread is resolved.

Laura

Hello, i am glad you could resolve it! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

d_enajetic
    Participant

No, this issue isn’t resolved. After working for a couple of days, VC is back to screwing up my site. You all have a real issue with that component as indicated by the number of other threads with Visual Composer or WordPress 4.5 in the subject line. What’s even more frustrating are the number of threads I can’t read. For some weird reason, every time I click on one of those threads, I can’t read them. I get “You can’t reply this topic”. One of those threads could have the key to solving my issue, but I’ll never know.

Extremely Frustrated

Abe
    Keymaster

Please also check your browser console for Javascript errors and let us know or put the link here to look along with some credentials

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, that shortcode that appears has nothing to do with recent WP update or other things, it is just the page content that is showing since it is built with Visual composer. to remove it please add this to your child theme functions.php

COPY CODE

add_filter( 'bp_get_activity_content_body','kleo_bp_activity_filter', 1 );
    function kleo_bp_activity_filter( $content ) {
        $content = preg_replace("/\[(.*?)(?:(\/))?\](?:(.+?)\[\/\2\])?/s",'', $content);
        return $content;
    }

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

d_enajetic
    Participant

Abe,
    That fixed it! I understand what you’re saying but it didn’t show up until after the update. Once two of those hit the activity stream, it REALLY breaks things. Luckily, that’s resolved now. Can I suggest adding that to the future editions of the theme to prevent other people losing their sanity like I did?

You’re awesome, sir. Thanks for you help.

Abe
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that solved the problem. I will see if it will be included and it needs more testing on my side.

All the best

---

d_enajetic
    Participant

Hello Again,
    I noticed after adding the code that Load More and Reply button stopped working. I’m not 100% sure this is the cause but it definitely started after we did this. Your help is great appreciated. BTW, the credentials are still valid if needed.

Thanks

Laura

Hello, by deleting the code, does it work again? Please test it so we can see if its related or not

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

d_enajetic
    Participant

Hi Laura,
    Looks like the code is at fault.

d_enajetic
    Participant

BTW, did you remove the upload button on the activity stream? I don’t have it anymore.

d_enajetic
    Participant

False alarm. I figured out it’s the Heartbeat. I was getting very high CPU usage and my host suggested I shut it off. Do you have any suggestions and tutorials on how to reduce Javascript and CPU usage?

Laura

Hello, you could check our blog post http://seventhqueen.com/blog/code-snippets/the-definitive-wordpress-speed-guide-step-by-step-easy.html

d_enajetic
    Participant

Thanks, Laura. I actually found that post last night. I’ve already implemented some of those steps.

Much appreciated.

Laura

Glad to help 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?