This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by FD.

• Author
     twoshoes
    Participant

Hi,
    I am currently using BP-Album and I was wondering, if I switch to rtMedia and shut off BP-Album, will all the previous pictures uploaded by my members be deleted or will they appear in rtMedia under Photos?

I have 660 members and since my site is for models and photographers, they have uploaded many pictures, around 5 GB to be exact. So I need to make sure they keep their images before I make the switch to rtMedia.

Thanks 🙂

Andrei

Hi, I’ve didn’t tested this behavior, but this question should better go the author of rtMedia plugin.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     twoshoes
    Participant

Hey @Andrei and thanks for answering 🙂

A little strange that you can’t help me with this since BP-Album was the only option a couple years ago when I bought your theme, and now you have switched to rtMedia, so I’d assume you’d have a fix for this.

But I will ask them over at rtMedia then. Do I have access to their premium support since it is included in your theme? Or do I have to purchase the pro version?

Cheers 🙂

Andrei

They should reply to you, it’s a simple question if you can migrate your data from Bp-Album to rtMedia.
    And please understand, it’s really not on our side to maintain such a compatibility.
    You can choose from the two ones, but we never had anyone trying to “migrate”, at least not from what I know.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     twoshoes
    Participant

Sure @Andrei I understand, no problem I will ask them at rtMedia. So this is the free version then, not the pro, right?

Andrei

Yes you are right, it’s the free version.

twoshoes
    Participant

Ok, thank you again for answering me 🙂

FD
    Participant

Hi,

We also started with BP-Album and now want to migrate to rtMedia as it´s a better choice for us.
    We are very interested in an solution to migrate over to rtMeida. Some time ago we contacted rtMedia, but we did not get any good answers so we are still seaching for any working solution. 🙁

If you find something, we are interested.

twoshoes
    Participant

Hey @FD
    I’m sorry to report that there seems to be no options for us 🙁

I contacted rtMedia and they could not help me, neither can anyone here on SweetDate, so I’m afraid we are now stuck with an outdated image solution.

I really think this is a 7th Queen problem, since this is a dating theme (that we bought and paid for), they should defninitly make sure the image upload function is working for us even after future updates of the theme. But unfortunately, they don’t see this as “their problem”. They stuck BP Album in there for us, and when BP Album shut down they switched over to rtMedia, with no solution on how to migrate for us.

Andrei

You could add this as a request in our feature request voting system, and if the topic will get popular we’ll might get into this issue.

Cheers

FD
    Participant

Hi @twoshoes

I totaly agree with you, they should help the customers that´s stuck with BP-Album to migrate to rtMedia.

@andrei
    : I will add this as an request, but I think you should fix this regardless of voting on “new” features or not. You guys have integrated an old system into your theme and therefor you should help your customers that´s stuck with this to migrate to rtMedia.

FD
    Participant

Hi,

I have now added a request to fix this. Please vote!

You´ll find the request here:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/bp-album-to-rtmedia-migration-tool

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?