This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     cougarmen
    Participant

Hello,

i’m using sweet date 2.3.1 theme. I’m trying to translate bp album plugin in french but translation is not working. I tried to use WPML and PO edit and the .po and mo files are correctly translated in my language but the plugin is still in english on my site. I don’t know what to do.

cougarmen
    Participant

sorry i typed to fast i didn’t use wpml but Codestyling Localization

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello,
    bpAlbum translation files reside in sweetdate/lib/bp-album/includes/languages
    You need to copy the bp-album folder to your computer and translate it with Poedit.

If you are using a child theme put the .mo and .po in sweetdate-child/languages/
    The file name should follow this example: bp-album-en_US.mo or bp-album-fr_FR.mo

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

cougarmen
    Participant

Hello

i’m using a child theme yes, and already put the bp-album-fr_FR.mo in sweetdate-child/languages/ but it still not working.

also put the file in sweetdate/lib/bp-album/languages but nothing changed. I’m lost

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, So your translated language is French right? since you added bp-album-fr_FR.mo

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

cougarmen
    Participant

Hi

nothing changed and i still have the same problem. here a some screenshots of the problem. I correctly translated the sentences in the .mo file but still appear in english.

here are some screenshots where the sentences are not translated :

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Please do a test and remove any added language files from sweetdate/languages or sweetdate-child/languages and work with the files that alreay exist for French in wp-content\themes\sweetdate\lib\bp-album\includes\languages\bp-album-fr_FR.po Use Poedit to generate the .mo file and replace the .mo file in wp-content\themes\sweetdate\lib\bp-album\includes\languages\

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Please use this files for translations:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/files/bp-album-fr_FR.mo
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/files/bp-album-fr_FR.po

---

cougarmen
    Participant

i tried all you told me but the problem is still the same

Abe
    Keymaster

please try translating the .po file above since it has your missing strings

---

cougarmen
    Participant

great it’s working now 🙂

Big thanks for help

Abe
    Keymaster

Great. I am glad it is all good now.

---

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?